Search for content in message boards

Hurzeler/Dunlap Obit Lookups

Hurzeler/Dunlap Obit Lookups

Frank Hahn (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2006 12:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hurzeler & Dunlap
I am researching the Mary Hurzeler &David Dunlap family. Three sons are buried in Normal Hill Cemetery in Lewiston.
Ellis Paul Dunlap d. Nov 1978
Waldo Wilbur Dunlap d. Oct 7 1984
David Elton Dunlap d. Aug 21, 2001

I would like to get obits and these 3 and would be glad to pay any research fees. Thanks a lot Frank

Re: Hurzeler/Dunlap Obit Lookups

Posted: 24 Apr 2006 1:22AM GMT
Surnames: Dunlap
David E. Dunlap, 87, Lewiston

Published: Lewiston Tribune 2001-08-31
Page: 6B

David Elton Dunlap, 87, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2001, at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center.

David was born to David W. and Mary Huerzler Dunlap Jan. 31, 1914, in Culdesac. He graduated from Culdesac High School in 1932 and then attended Lewiston Normal School before going to work in the Blister Rust Camp in Orofino.

Dave was married in the early '50s to Virginia Zeigler Kiebert. Their marriage ended in divorce in 1970.

In 1975, he married Florence Jones Niemann.

He also worked as a butcher and meat cutter at the Lapwai Store, Luttrop Meat Market in Orofino and Stephenson Market in Cut Bank, Mont. At one time, Dave and his brother, Ellis, owned and managed the Thunderbird Club in Ketchum, Idaho. He was a bartender at the Club McCoy Mirror Room in the Lewis-Clark Hotel for 12 years before going to the Clarkston Country Club, where he worked for 20 years before retiring in 1979.

Dave enjoyed working in the yard and helping many of their neighbors get their winter wood supplies. He was happiest when he was helping other people. He also loved to travel with Florence to sightsee and visit their children and grandchildren.

He was a lifetime member of the Elks Lodge and the Clarkston Country Club.

He is survived by his loving wife, Florence; his sisters, Angelyn Olin of Lewiston and Lavelle Peer of the Culdesac/Craigmont area; his adopted son, Glen and Sybil Dunlap of Phoenix; stepdaughters Gail Tuttle of Boise, Janice and Don Wadholm of Lewiston and Karen and Patrick Reagan of Portland, Ore.; stepsons Bill and Betty Niemann of Minot, N.D., and Tom and Estella Niemann of Lewiston; and by 12 grandchildren and 20 great-grandchildren.

He was preceded in death by his parents, his brothers Clarence, Ellis and Waldo, and a sister, Eva.

Memorials may be given to Idaho Elks Rehabilitation Hospital, 204 Fort Place, Boise 83702, the American Heart Association in care of Nancy Shell, 524 Linden Drive, Lewiston or the American Cancer Society in care of Darlene Kidder, 2130 Sunset Drive, Lewiston.

Viewing will be at Malcom's Brower-Wann Memorial Chapel from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. today. The graveside service is at 10 a.m. Saturday at Normal Hill Cemetery.

This is the only one I can find in the Tribune Archives.

Frank Hahn (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2006 7:55PM GMT
Thanks very much for your help!

Posted: 4 Sep 2013 10:25PM GMT
I am David Dunlap's step daughter and I could try finding some info in my mothers things if you still need them. I did not grow up with David I was married before he married my mother but I do communicate with another step daughter of his that grew up in his household. I know I have Mary's obit. & I understand you have Dave's is that correct.
How are you connected?
I have recently moved and not for sure where my info on David & his family is. :(
and my mother passed away a year .
per page

Find a board about a specific topic