Search for content in message boards

Ketcham (Ketchum, Ketchem) Family-Penobscot Indians

Ketcham (Ketchum, Ketchem) Family-Penobscot Indians

Posted: 30 Jul 2005 4:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
My husband's ggrandfather was Louis (Lewis) Ketchum and his grandmother was Harriet Ketchum. They lived in Old Town in Penobscot County. However, I find only sketchy census information on them there; not too many Ketchams in that county...I find more Ketchams in Aroostook Co. Can anyone shed light on this family....I can't get past Louis. Thanks!

Re: Ketcham (Ketchum, Ketchem) Family-Penobscot Indians

Posted: 31 Jul 2005 3:17PM GMT
Edited: 4 Dec 2006 12:09PM GMT
About what year was Lewis born, married, or died? What was his wife's surname?

Sharyn

flyer (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2006 1:52PM GMT
hello if interested in more info please feel free to call
Doris Jodry , Eustis.Maine

Posted: 23 Apr 2008 11:51PM GMT
Surnames: Ketcham, Ketchum
My 3x great-gramma was Sarah Sears Ketcham born in Saint John, NB, Canada about 1803 (?). She married a Wheaton of "Carleton" (Saint John) about 1825.

Would anyone know if she is part of this Indian heritage/lineage in Aroostook County, Maine

Posted: 27 Aug 2008 5:01PM GMT
Surnames: Stadig, McCauley, Olofsson, Olsson, Olivenbaum, Sundsrtom, Ketchum, Kruger, Ersson, Hedman, Peterson, Rasmussen, Persson, Staples, Westin, Mattson
Sure can...I just put up a website with my relatives from Aroostook county and beyond

http://ancestors.stadig.org

I have a Herbert from Stockholm
Also see a Bearnice Leona..Bearnice married a Melvin Miller - Herbert married a Eunice Westin..
Would love to extend my information with yours for others.

Please create and account and expand yourself or email me what you have and can put it in.

The website provides great charts and reports

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 5:12PM GMT
Louis Ketchum was both Penobscot and Maliseet from Canada, perhaps more information there. Some history says Louis' father was an English military officer, and his mother was Penobscot. Hard to trace the women's lines.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions