Search for content in message boards

Old picture of logging camp

Old picture of logging camp

Chris Korstange (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2002 2:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have obtained a picture from a logging camp in Bear Lake MI, probably taken in 1890. There are 26 people in the picture, most very clear. Only 2 are identified, my great-great grandfather Cassius Hogmire and his brother Frank.

Does anyone at this board have any interest in such a picture or think they could possibly identify more of the people. If so, send me an email and I'll send you a copy of the picture

Re: Old picture of logging camp

ed vosatka (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2002 5:58PM GMT
Chris,
I am the historian of the Union Cypress Co. here in Melbourne, FL. This company was founded by Geo. W. Hopkins, of Bear Lake, in 1912, to log his tremendous cypress/pine holdings in this area. GWH and wife Ella are buried in the Melbourne Cemetery.

I may be able to ID some of the Hopkins family members in your photo if this camp was associated with the Hopkins lumbering operations in BL.

Would you be willing to help me out too?

Thanks,
Ed

Posted: 2 Mar 2003 8:57PM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2004 4:30AM GMT
Surnames: photo
Hi, I am interested in your photo of the logging camp at Bear Lake. I had relatives who worked at the logging camps about that time period. Hope that I can help to identify some of them. Lori Davis

Posted: 30 Aug 2003 2:46AM GMT
Does your picture include a man with a wooden leg? If so, he is probably John Dickson.

susan mattison (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2003 2:32AM GMT
please send me a copy of logging camp my grandfather was a logger

Joan (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2003 2:07AM GMT
Surnames: Sand's Salt and Lumber Company
Put it on the web page so all can see. Did he work for the Sands Salt and Lumber Company?

Posted: 28 Jun 2004 2:48AM GMT
Hi
i'm interested in the picture,
my great grand father worked at a logging camp
in that area. his name was Andrew Jackson Magner.
I would appreicate it if you could send me a copy and maybe he might be in it.
Thanks ahead
Thresa

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 5:39AM GMT
Maybe I'm late, but I'm new. Looking for photos of old logging camps around Manistee to find my grandfather, Emil Nord. He first worked in the logging camps, loaded lumber hookers, was then a Manistee policeman and then the Manistee sheriff. Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic