Search for content in message boards

Boarding Homes or Cemeteries

Boarding Homes or Cemeteries

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for my husband's grandfather who supposedly died in Albion, New York. All I know is that he might have lived at a home of some sort - possibly a boarding home and died in 1961. Might there be a veteran's home or home where elderly people who are alone might have stayed? Also, could anybody give me the addresses for the cemeteries in Albion or are there too many?

Re: Boarding Homes or Cemeteries

Posted: 8 Aug 2001 6:44PM GMT
Edited: 15 Nov 2001 1:14PM GMT
www.rootsweb.com/~nyorlean contains a listing of all Orleans County cemeteries

Posted: 8 Dec 2001 1:09AM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2002 12:49AM GMT
Hi, I grew up in Albion and if there were any boarding houses I never knew about them. Just private homes where several people lived together.
The cemetaries are all listed under Orleans Co Going into Cyndislist all of Orleans Co is complete. Real interesting as most are not done as the people of Orleans co have really worked on it. All the cemetaries are complete.
Hope this helps
Geri

Posted: 5 Oct 2012 5:06PM GMT
LOL. Cyndis List leads to the same Genweb page. Cemeteries are there alright, but no clue which ones are where; for instance, in which ones would a Baptist minister who died in 1869 in Albion with a wealthy merchant son likely be buried? Also, no contact information for them nor links ot such. Some cemeteries transcribed and some not, and tohse that are transcribed were pretty small if all the names are there.

Dora

Re: Cemeteries

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 7:03PM GMT
Edited: 11 Oct 2012 7:09PM GMT
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nyorlean/index.htm (free!)

Listing of the cemeteries gives years of operation and location. Many of these are small, not active and have no direct contacts. Also, Surname index connects to listings where name matches.

Albion Catholic burials at St. Joseph's Old Cemetery, Brown Road, Town of Gaines and St. Joseph's (New) Cemetery, East Ave. (Rte. 31) Albion. Parish renamed "Holy Family"

Largest and most prominent cemetery, owned by the Village of Albion, is Mount Albion Cemetery, East Avenue. Baptist ministers and businessmen welcome! Should have online contact info. Good Luck!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic