Search for content in message boards

Louis Gonsalves 1877

Louis Gonsalves 1877

Posted: 21 Jul 2003 12:37AM GMT
I am looking for information on my great grandfather Louis Gonsalves born 1877 in British Guiana (Guyana). Died between 1904-05. Married Agusta De Freitas (date known). They had 3 children. Boy known as Manoo, girl name of Carmilita (Leita) and my grandfather Ernest Manoel Gonsalves born 1901.

Re: Louis Gonsalves 1877

vdavies (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2003 2:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gonsalves, De Freitas
Guyana
National Archives of Guyana, 26 Main Street, Georgetown, Guyana, tel: (592) 227-7687, e-mail: narchivesguyana@yahoo.com
General Register Office, GPO Building, Robb Street, Georgetown, Guyana, tel: (592) 225-7561

Hi Veronica. I am posting these two addresses for you and anyone else that would like to try writing. You will get a general response from the National Archives by email - and they will likely tell you to write to the General Register Office anyways. So, put pen to paper (sorry no email here) and send them your information.
You seem to have a lot of info already. You didn't say exactly what information you are wanting. From the GRO you can 'maybe' get a copy of your great grandfather's birth or baptismal certificate, his marriage license etc..There will be a charge for these but I haven't heard of anyone be successful in this endeavor. The GRO apparently has these records from 1860 onwards. Prior to that you'd likely be out of luck unless one of the many churches came through. You will likely find NO ONE cares about genealogy right now in Guyana and so, unless you have a contact right in Guyana you likely won't find much. There are a number of books on Guyana which on occasion mention names which may help.
Also put your surnames into Google you just never know what may turn up. Good Luck. Mrs. Davies

Mandy Archer (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2003 2:23PM GMT
Hi veronica,
My name is Mandy Archer, I am replying to your message because you may have links to my family tree. I am trying to trace my cousin Marcelle Lisa Gonsalves born in 1957 whose parents are Alfred Manoel Gonsalves (also known as Nunky) and Irene Dorothy Archer who died in 1963 aged 31 and is my father's sister. As far as I know Nunky is of South American origin and had 2 children from a previous relationship named Bryan and Jenny born late 40', early 50's.
If you happen to be a decendant from this family or have any information on marcelle please contact me as I have a few photo's, newspaper cutting and documents that you may also be interested in.

Regards,

Mandy.

Posted: 14 Feb 2004 4:32AM GMT
Hi Mandy,

Sorry for taking so long to respond to your query, but I had to contact several family members spread world wide to find out if any one new of an Alfred Gonsalves married to a Dorothy Archer. Although we have several Alfred's in the family no one can remember any one of them being married to a Dorothy. Therefore I do not believe that there is a family connection.

Posted: 19 Oct 2005 4:33PM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2006 1:13AM GMT
Surnames: Mathias, DeFreitas, Gonsalves,
There is possible connection with my research....I have a Winnie Defreitas married to Clement Gonsalves in Guyana.
I have the children of Manny and Helene gonsalves of Guyana and the Defreitas Family children of Manley, Herman, Albert, Lionel, Alex, Marie, Gabriella, Stephan and Winnie...For Manny and helene I have Albert, Clement, Percy, Frank, Elvie, Nellie, Mae, Bernard and Dennis? Do any of these names sound familiar.
Elvie (Elvira) Gonsalves married Wilfrid MATHIAS of Guyana ..Wilfrid was born in 1911 in Guyana .

Posted: 9 Jun 2013 3:47AM GMT
Surnames: Gonsalves
I was surfing the web and came across this.

My mother was a Gonsalves that was her maiden name, her first name was Veronica from Guyana. I do not know my grandparents, but kind of remember hearing they were from the Rupinuni if that is how you spell it. I think my grandfather was a Joseph Gonsalves. My mother is deceased, never knew any of her family.

If you know of any of these folks, please let me know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions