Search for content in message boards

Develin/Devlin family of Pittsburgh, PA

Develin/Devlin family of Pittsburgh, PA

Posted: 5 Feb 2007 12:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Develin, Mateer
I am looking for information on the family of my great-great grandmother Florence Develin (or Devlin) Mateer. She was born in April 1864 in Pennsylvania. I don't know where in Pennsylvania she was born. By 1900, she was married to my great-great grandfather William Marion Mateer (1859-1946) and living at 78 Cust St in Pittsburgh's Hazelwood section. Living next door to the Mateers at 76 Cust St were a family of Develins: Charles (born June 1823 in PA), his daughter Mary (born October 1852 in PA), and a daughter born in March 1867 whose name appears to be Natalie. I'm pretty sure that Charles Develin was Florence's father. But I have no information on Florence's siblings (other than the 2 daughters mentioned above) or her mother. The 1900 Census also states that Charles Develin's father was born in Ireland. I have yet to find any of these Develins in the 1880 Census.

Re: Devlin family of Pittsburgh, PA

Posted: 24 Aug 2007 10:13PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
"Western Pa Genealogical Society Quarterly, vol. 30, #4 Spring 2004
pg. 5 "Saint Mary's Roman Catholic Church, 46th Street, Lawrenceville...1853-1953
...by Fr. Raymond Conway...
pg. 6 "...Fr. Gibbs held Mass...remained at Sharpsburg...until 1863...He also visited Catholics in Sandy Creek every month in Penn Twp....
On 27 Oct 1853 he baptized Thomas Devlin son of James Sylester Devlin & his wife Joanna (Walsh) Devlin in the family home because the church was not yet built. The child later became a priest...."
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions