Search for content in message boards

ReKendrick Family--Sue Prichard

ReKendrick Family--Sue Prichard

Posted: 24 Oct 2002 11:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Nov 2002 11:47PM GMT
Hi Sue<
Granddad Drury had three grandsons named John Drury Kendrick two of them were here in Mississippi and served in the Civil War here.
I know about yours and in fact i have a lots of info on yours as i know more than you from the one that married the Louisiana lady. I was in Hill Co. and took pictures of your granddad's old store in Vaughn and also pictures of all of the Kendrick graves in the Vaughn cemetery. This included your granddad and his wife's. He went with his children and their families to Hill Co. Texas. Lived ten years and died on the front porch.
His son Isaac Drewery is my John Drury's dad.
I am doing a book on these Kendricks so i have spent years on this and have plenty of proof. So it is great that your John Drury was in Texas but grandpa Drury went with his children. My granddad knew him well just as my great grandchildren know me.
There are a lots of us here and we have a reunion in fact i started it and plan it every year. We have a great time and enjoy it.Would love to have you.
Where do you live. I put my e-mail address so you could write me. I would love to hear from you.
Kathleen

Re: ReKendrick Family--Sue Prichard

KAIREN KENDRICK RENICK (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2002 7:37AM GMT
Surnames: Kendrick,Petty
Kathleen,
I am the granddaughter of Charles C. Kendrick and Hattie Petty and the daughter of their youngest and last surviving son N.P.(Pat) Kendrick. Charlie and Hattie are buried at Vaughn along with three of their eight sons. I have been to the store in Vaughn. My grandmother Petty's family owned a farm not far from the store. I went to Vaughn often in the fifties and sixties. I believe John Drury was my greatgrand father and Drury was my great great grand father.
My father is seriously ill. He was diagnosed with Alzheimers six yrs ago, but recently underwent surgery to place a shunt to drain fluid from his brain. He has regained some memory. Unfortunately he must overcome the effects of a stroke and dehydration before we know how much improvement he will ultimately have. He is 82 and an example of how tough the Kendricks are. I would be interested in knowing about any Kendrick reunions.
Sincerely,
Kairen Kendrick Renick

SUE PRITHCARD (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2002 10:40PM GMT
I MUST HAVE MISSED YOUR EMAIL, JUST NOW SAW IT.
I GET SO CONFUSED ON ALL THIS. I WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR REUNION AND THE PICTURES YOU HAVE. DO YOU HAVE ANY OF THE OLDER JOHN DRURY?
I AM IN SAN ANTONIO AND HAVE NEVER BEEN TO VAUGHN, BUT MY MOTHER REMEMBERS VISITING THERE WHEN SHE WAS YOUNG. WOULD LOVE TO SHARE INFORMATION WITH YOU.
SUE

Posted: 4 Dec 2002 12:57PM GMT
Hi Sue:
Hey, i can share pictures with you and stuff, no i don't have any of the John Drury i wish that i did so you could have them. However i may know some one who does. A Kendrick cousin in Winters Texas told me that he thinks he has a picture of Drury Kendrick so that might well be him.I haven't been to Winter's for a while but will try to go soon. The guy owns Kendrick Air and refrigation in Winter's, Texas.
I sometimes go to Del Reo, Texas as i visit there sometimes. It sure is pretty there.
A lots of traffic in San Antanio. You would love the peace and quiet at Vaughn.
Hey glad to hear from you.
Doris

Sue Pritchard (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2002 3:46PM GMT
I have cousins in Ballinger, whick is just down the road from Winters. My grandfather, Bascom Kendrick moved his family there back in the forties.There were eight girls and three boys, some of them still live there.
How is the Kendrick in Winters related ?
Thanks for your help, I get this stuff all confused.

Posted: 4 Dec 2002 6:20PM GMT
Hi Sue, i don't remember he invited my husband and myself to their home but i was to come home that day. I live in hear Hattiesburg, Mississippi so i don't get to spend all of my time there. He lives in Coleman which is only a skip from there. There is also another Kendrick in Winter's but i never could get a hold of them.
Ballenger huh, my uncle was from there Lewis Bollinger. He died recently. He hasn't been there in a while but i think he still has family there.
Hey, my e-mail is :
Bennett119@aol.com if you want to skip this board stuff.
I will tell you whatever i know and share whatever i have. I am going to Texas before Christmas and be there until about the fifth of January.
Will talk to you later.
Doris

kathy kendrick (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2002 4:02PM GMT
Surnames: Kendrick, Stanley, Crain, Harrington
Can you give any futher information on your grandfather Dury Kendrick?
The name Dudley runs in my husband's family, I was thinking that maybe the name was misunderstood and possibly Dury was meant instead of Dudley. I do have a little more information on some of these children. I am looking for the maiden name of Lucenthe and the parents of both Joseph and Lucenthe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
My husband's family is from the Kendrick's in Monroe and Lowndes County, MS. I go back to a Joseph Kendrick b. 1791 in VA married a Lucinthe (?) last name unknown. Their children are:
Joseph Kendrick b. 1823 TN
Nathaniel O. Kendrick b. 1824 AL
Horton Ferris Kendrick b. 1825 Monroe County, MS
John Wesley Kendrick b. 1827 Monroe County, MS
Calvin P. Kendrick b. 1829 Monroe County, MS
Amanda P. Kendrick b. 1831Monroe County, MS
Sarah A. Kendrick b. 1832 Monroe County, MS
Lucinda A.E. Kendrick b. 1833 Monroe County, MS
Tebitha Kendrick b. 1836 Monroe County, MS
William B. Kendrick b. 1840 Monroe County, MS
Thomas Kendrick b. 1842 Monroe County, MS

kathy kendrick (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2002 4:02PM GMT
Surnames: Kendrick, Stanley, Crain, Harrington
Can you give any futher information on your grandfather Dury Kendrick?
The name Dudley runs in my husband's family, I was thinking that maybe the name was misunderstood and possibly Dury was meant instead of Dudley. I do have a little more information on some of these children. I am looking for the maiden name of Lucenthe and the parents of both Joseph and Lucenthe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
My husband's family is from the Kendrick's in Monroe and Lowndes County, MS. I go back to a Joseph Kendrick b. 1791 in VA married a Lucinthe (?) last name unknown. Their children are:
Joseph Kendrick b. 1823 TN
Nathaniel O. Kendrick b. 1824 AL
Horton Ferris Kendrick b. 1825 Monroe County, MS
John Wesley Kendrick b. 1827 Monroe County, MS
Calvin P. Kendrick b. 1829 Monroe County, MS
Amanda P. Kendrick b. 1831Monroe County, MS
Sarah A. Kendrick b. 1832 Monroe County, MS
Lucinda A.E. Kendrick b. 1833 Monroe County, MS
Tebitha Kendrick b. 1836 Monroe County, MS
William B. Kendrick b. 1840 Monroe County, MS
Thomas Kendrick b. 1842 Monroe County, MS

Re: ReKendrick Family--Sue Prichard-to Kathy

Posted: 5 Dec 2002 4:37PM GMT
Hi Kathy, i know about these Kendricks that live in Mississippi and i live there also my cousins and myself will have to see if we can figure it out it is the same family not sure which child it was right off of my head that went there. Our Drury Kendrick was the son of James Kendrick Jr & Tabitha Rogers the Kendricks were from Va then N C then to Ga. Then to Ms or to Texas then to Ms. These people traveled a lots. Drury Kendrick married Hannah Holland and so goes. I run accross the ones in other Counties in Ms often and they usually fit in just have to keep on.
I live in Ms in fact Sumrall and we have a kendrick reunion each year the last weekend in May for two days so come join us or just visit if you are this way. I work on this stuff all time. Anyway i can help you i will. My personal e-mail is
Bennett119@aol.com if you would use it.
Thanks
Doris

Re: ReKendrick Family--Sue Prichard--to Kathy

Posted: 5 Dec 2002 4:42PM GMT
Hi Kathy, your group may go back to our John , or William they were from Va. also had a George that was from Mass then Va i believe.
Doris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic