Search for content in message boards

Skinner family from Erie Co., PA

Skinner family from Erie Co., PA

Posted: 2 Sep 2000 3:22PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 9:43PM GMT
I am looking for info on any Skinners from Waterford,Erie Co.,PA. My 4great grandfather was Thomas Skinner b. abt 1771 in PA. Children: Susan,Jane,Nancy, those are the only ones I have found. Susan and Jane I believe did not marry. Nancy married Aaron Phoenix. Thomas was born in PA but not sure what town. His wife's name was Jane and she was born in Ireland abt 1769. If anyone has any info please email me. Thank You

Re: Skinner family from Erie Co., PA

Posted: 29 Jun 2001 7:28PM GMT
My Skinner family is also from Erie Co., Pa. My great-grandfather was Henry Andicort Skinner. He was married to Angeline Sarah Rathburn. They had 2 children, West and Pearl. Pearl was my grandmother. She was married to Albert Millett. They had 8 children. I am trying to find out who Henry's parents were. Have you ever heard of him.? Thank You for your help. Lorna (lornapalevich@msn.com)

Posted: 12 Aug 2008 3:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thomas Skinner b: abt 17 Nov 1770 (in Ireland) was my ggggfather. His father, was a Reuben Skinner, I believe and his mother was Elizabeth Woods b: abt 1750 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Thomas married Jane Jennie (last name unknown). He died in Waterford, Erie County on 21 Jan 1851 - I believe he may have a headstone in the Waterford Cemetary but I'm not positive.

Thomas and Jane had at least seven children: Benjamin, Steven, William H, Jane, Charles W (my gggrandfather), James and Nancy. I don't have a Susan, but it's possible I missed her. Nancy was born about 1816 in Waterford and died abt 1885. Nancy was married to Aaron Phoenix, b: abt

This is pretty vague since I haven't spent much time doing research, but I hope it helps.

If you find any links in this ancestry chain, I'd greatly appreciate any data you have.

Thanks,

Chuck Skinner

Posted: 19 Aug 2008 12:30PM GMT
thanks but not my kin june

Posted: 15 Nov 2011 3:40AM GMT
Hi Skip,
Just now getting to enter some info. Trying to figure out how to change son=me things that were entered wrong by people.
How r u?
Joan

Posted: 15 Nov 2011 3:41AM GMT
Hi Skip,
Just now getting to enter some info. Trying to figure out how to change some things that were entered wrong by people.
How r u?
Joan

Posted: 15 Nov 2011 7:48AM GMT
Hi Joan, please feel free to enter any data you can find. I'm particularly weak on data about the Garvins, Frommeyers. I'll send you an email soon. Here's something interesting - Linda's greatgrandfather Joseph Patrick O'Dea married a woman from Philadelphia named Mary Magdeline Kelly (b. 21May1868 Philadelphia PA, d.3Nov1956 Sioux City IA). I remember my Mom always reminding me that she was related to the Kelly's of Philadelphia, hence she was related to Grace Kelly. I wonder? Do you know anything about this Kelly connection?

Skip

Posted: 15 Nov 2011 2:48PM GMT
I remember Mom always saying we were related to Jack and Grace Kelly, but not sure how. I can ask Kathy Huber, remember them? Kathy,Jane,Bubby(Henry) John, and their parents were Aunt Jane and Uncle Harry. I know Kathy's daughter-in-law has an extensive history for the Frommeyers, will have to ask her where.
Aunt Jane Huber was Mom and Aunt Frances' first cousin.

Posted: 19 Nov 2011 8:31PM GMT
Surnames: Skinner family from Erie Co., PA
Hi. Am looking for a Nathaniel Skinner/Nathen Skinner born in PA in 1811-12. He is my 3rd great GF and I'm trying to find the names of his parents. Do not know where in PA he was born. He migrated to Ohio and settled in Indiana. Don't know if his parents traveled with him. I have hit some brick walls and hope just maybe someone has info on him and family.

Thanks,
Jean Skinner-Reidy
Indianapolis, IN

Posted: 30 Nov 2011 8:08PM GMT
Surnames: skinner, wilson, wilkerson, southerland
I have been working on the genealogy of Jesse Skinner born abt 1772. I am wondering if anyone had connected him to "Jesse of the Miami Territory" in the will of Reuben Skinner of Erie County PA?. He was in Ohio, Wood County about 1819, when his son William was married. They continued straight across the state to St. Joseph and Elkhart Co in northern Indiana. His obit in 1860 states he was born in Philadelphia. He was a farmer, not educated or religious but ambitious enough to come to a barely civilized area in Indiana in 1828. His descendants continued to move west. I have never read Reuben Skinner's will and would love to know where to find it
per page

Find a board about a specific topic