Search for content in message boards

Tracing Family Lineage From Guam to Japan

Tracing Family Lineage From Guam to Japan

Francisca V. Santos (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2003 12:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Requesting information pertaining to Yozuro Isezaki born around the 1890's. Was a fisherman for the Japan-Guam route. Shipmates associated at the time were also of Japanese Ancestry identified with last names of Shimizu, Takano, Okada, and Fujikawa.
Further information was that he married a Guamanian women by the name of Marcelina Pinaula around 1915. Became a Prisoner of after WWII with Shinohara and Fujikawa.
In January 1959, he died, was cremated, and later returned to Guam with the assistance of Gil Shinohara for burial.

Re: Tracing Family Lineage From Guam to Japan

Posted: 29 Jan 2003 12:14AM GMT
Hello, my name is Angie and I'm related to you, my mom is Rosita Pinaula and I'm Marty's sister. I've been working on a Pinaula-Isezaki family tree and I was hoping you could give me some info on the family. I was so excited to finally know my great-grandfather's name (my mom couldn't remember it) and a little about him from this posting. My mom told me to ask you about the family and also if you had any pictures of them and of your mom. Please feel free to email me. Oh, my mom says hello!

Mark Milner (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2004 6:16PM GMT
Surnames: Pinaula, Isezaki, Santiago
Hi, found your msg while on line in Iraq. My wife Charlene, daughter of Rosa Pinaula(Isezaki) Grandaughter of Jesus Isezaki is a relation to you I am sure. She is from Umatac but moved to Agat in the mid 60's. I have a picture of her great GrandFather at home. Let me know if you get this, and I will have it scanned and e-mailed. I'd love to find out what ever you would like to share about my wifes family. I talked to Jesus about his father while I was living in Guam prior to his death.

Posted: 28 Dec 2004 3:37PM GMT
My grandfather is Vicente Pinaula (Yukito Isezaki). I'm sure Jesus Isezaki is my grandfather's brother, I have tried to talk to my grandfather about his parents but I have a hard time understanding him, he has a japanese/chamorro accent! I would love to see the picture of the Great Grandfather.

Mark Milner (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2004 5:25PM GMT
Surnames: Pinaula, Isezaki, Santiago
I've met your Grandfather whe I was stationed in Guam (USS Proteus) 89-92. My Mother-in-Law was Rosa (Chai) She was living with Uncle Frank and Auntie Vivian in Agat when she passed away in 1991. I'll e-mail Charlene and see if she can get the picture scanned and e-mailed to me.
How has your family history research gone? I'd love to see what you have to share with Char and the kids. Auntie Charo in Barstow called Char the other day asking if she remembered when her Grandmother was born. Unfortuneately we don't have any of that info. Do You.
Mark Milner (Baghdad, Iraq)

Posted: 29 Dec 2004 5:15AM GMT
The Isezaki name is very hard to research being that it is Japanese and I don't read or understand it so it makes it very difficult. Any Chamorro name is a popular Spanish name so it's like running into a road block, that's why I came here hoping someone else in the family has info that I don't. I'm happy someone has else has found this! Most of what I know should be on here, I need to check I haven't updated it in a while. Please add anything that you know! I can't wait to see the picture!

Posted: 27 May 2012 7:14AM GMT
Hello,
My name is Tammy, I too would like to research my family history. I just found out my great grandmothers name is also "Marcelina Pinaula Isezaki" my father could not remember his grandfathers name. If possible are you willing to share any information you have obtained regarding the family. My fathers name is Antonio Isezaki San Nicolas his mothers name is Concepcion Isezaki San Nicolas and her mothers name is Marcelina Pinaula Isezaki. My father has 11 siblings 12 including him. We did not grow up with my fathers side of the family so unfortunately I have no other information. I will be so ever great full if you are willing to share the information with me. Si Yu'us Ma'ase Yan Arigato
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions