Search for content in message boards

KUSMA

KUSMA

Kay Brown (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT

I am searching for the surname KUSMA. My great grandfather came to the United States from Trieste, Austria I believe in the mid 1890's.
90's.

Re: KUSMA

Posted: 14 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Mar 2002 1:44AM GMT

>
A key question is whether your ancestor place of origin was Trieste or whether he departed from Trieste for America. Either is a possibility. You should check several sources: The passenger ship lists at the National Archives will identify his palce of origin. All such lists for arrivals at New York are easily researched through the Soundex system. If your ancestor became a naturalized U.S. citizen after September 1906, his declaration of intention and peition and order for naturalization will give you his place of origin and date of entry in the U.S., including the name of the ship. Naturalization records after 1906 are available through the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service. Census returns for 1910 and 1920 will indicate whether your ancestor was a U.S. citizen and date of naturalization. Incidentally, the name KUSMA indicates possible Slovenian origins.

Mike Kusma

Cheryl Polzin (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kusma
I too have a great grandpa from Trieste Austria who was born 7 Sept 1871. He was married 29 April 1895 in Denver, Colorado. He married Barbara Oster. Do we have a match? I hope so as this family has been very elusive for me to track.

Kusma

Cheryl Polzin (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Posted: 10 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: Kusma
I believe we have a match! I would love to talk with you!!

Re: KUSMA

Posted: 13 Sep 2003 11:56PM GMT
I just saw your query. My great-great grandfather is the Mike Kusma you are talking about. I have information about him as well as his wife Barbara Oster. I'd love to swap information with you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic