Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth (Lyon) Smith

Elizabeth (Lyon) Smith

Posted: 5 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 5:44AM GMT
Surnames: Lyon, Smith, Hanby, Stanley
Seeking parents of Elizabeth LYON who married Harbard SMITH, c. 1781 and Margaret LYON, married Henry SMITH, c. 1785-95. Susannah STANLEY, married John
SMITH, c. 1804. Mary HANBY, married Nathaniel SMITH
c. 1790. All in Henry or Patrick Co's. VA

Smith/Lyon

Maydelle Smith Meier (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Elizabeth Lyon and Harbert Smith were my 3gr grandparents.
I've tried for years to establish Elizabeth as a Lyon and the daughter of James Lyon and Christina Harmon, but can't find primary sources. I have lots of Smith information.
Would love to find other descendants. They lived in Henry and Patrick Counties. Their 4th child, Isham, was born in 1791, probably in Patrick Co. He's my 2nd gr grandfather.
Hope to hear.

Smith Family

Maydelle Meier (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Yes, we certainly are from the same family. In fact, it was only about a month ago I discovered my Isham had a brother named Josiah! Jeanne Hodges, of Independance, MO wrote me. She is a descendant of Josiah also. Do you know her?
About Harbert's will, all she had was "...Know all men by these presents that I, Harbert Smith, for and of my own accord relinquish unto Josiah Smith, his heirs, etc. etc.
Is this what you have, too? I have an abstract showing Wm. Smith was his administrator in Marshall Co., and Isham was in Jackson Co. I'd like to see the original will for all of it. Wrote Marshall Co. clerk, who was very nice, who sent me a few things she found BUT NO WILL. Think it is in Jackson Co., but the clerk there wouldn't help me.
What is your e-mail address? Mine is MMeier1432@aol.com.That would be easier than this way to communicate. Hope to hear soon. Maydelle

Smith-Lyon

Posted: 24 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 5:44AM GMT
Surnames: SMITH, SEYMOUR, STANLEY, LYON, JACKSON
Hello Maydelle, Sorry it's taken me so long to answer your query. I am also in your Smith line, but I descend from Josiah Smith, brother of your Isham. Josiah & Nancy Stanley, parents of: Lavisa Smith md. Coleman Seymour and they were parents of: William Alexander Seymour md. Sarah Eliz. Adkins and they were parents of Clyde E. Seymour md. Edith L. Ferguson, who were my parents. I will list what I have: Harbard Smith's will, Feb 23, 1839. Family group sheet for William Smith 11 & wife,Hannah Jackson,and their 13 children. Family group sheet for William Smith 1, his wife Ann and their 7 children. Family group sheet for Nicholas Smith and wife, Elizabeth Flood and their 5 children. Also 5 generations of the Flood families.
Let me know what I mentioned you need or don't have. I would like to know more about your James Lyon and Christina Harmon. My searches have been in several counties in VA: Surrey, Patrick, Henry and Brunswick. Hope to hear from you, Sarah Seymour Douglas

Re: Smith/Lyon

Posted: 31 Dec 2003 1:47PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2004 9:45PM GMT
Surnames: SMITH, COLLIER, HOOVER, FRENCH, PLEXICO
I descend from Josiah, brother of Isham Smith, and I'm in the process of authenticating the various lines, mine in particular from Josiah and Elizabeth (Collier) Smith's son Isaac and his son Josiah. I'd be happy to exchange information with you.Quentin Cabell Smith

Re: Smith/Lyon

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 2:09AM GMT
I am from Nicholas Smith and Elizabeth Floods line also.
Would love to compare notes with decendants of all children.
My Email is Squeeky40@hotmail.com
Denise
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions