Surnames: Heimark
I went to school in the 1940's and 50's with Heimark children in Otter Tail
County , MN

Looking for Heimarks

Shannon Heimark (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Heimark
My name is Shannon Heimark, I just recently was told my grandfather Ed Heimark came to the US fom Norway and I am wondering if there are any oter Heimarks out there I didn't know about!

Heimark

Valerie Heimark (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Heimark, Storebo, Hjelle
Hei!
My name is Valerie Heimark. I live in California.
My grandfather was Ole H. Heimark from Warwick, ND.
I believe he was born in Montevideo, MN and graduated from
St Olafs in 1899. My grandmother is
Inga Hjelle from Kristiansund, Norway. I would like to find
other relatives in Norway and the USA. My great grandparents
were Cecelia Storebo and Halvor Heimark. Was Halvor the
son of Endre Olsen Heimark? Who were Cecelia's parents.
What happened to Kari Heimark (Cecilia and Halvor's daughter) Takk!~_

Re: Heimark

David Leonard (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2001 11:51AM GMT
Carrie Susanna Heimark Married Henry Oscar Berg Feb 23, 1910 in Clarkfield, MN. They moved to Canada and returned to Solway MN in 1920 where they farmed. They are my Grandparents so have information on them if interested. Hope this helps. Dave

Re: Looking for Heimarks

David Leonard (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2001 11:57AM GMT
There are Heimarks from Norway that settled in the Yellow Medicine County, Clarkfield MN area in the 1866-1870 time frame. My grandmother Carrie Heimark, daughter of Christine Storebo and Jacob Heimark was born there. If this is the line of Heimarks your looking for I have more info. Dave

Storebo in Clarkfield, MN

Posted: 12 Jun 2002 8:45PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2003 3:36AM GMT
Dear Dave,
I replied to your inquiry before I saw someone else had given you that info. But then I saw another message about your family settling in Clarkfield Mn. in 1866-70.
I found out that my grandfather, Jacob Storebo worked in Clarkfield, MN probably when he came to USA. I just came upon a photo of him taken in Clarkfield when he was quite young. I know he came over in 1890 and that would make him 18 or so. I wonder if this is the first place he came to and if he somehow knew your relatives from Norway and that is why he came there to work for them. My grandfather later settled in the Finley, ND area where my mother grew up.
I wonder if you have ever heard about a Jacob Gjertsen Storebo who lived in the same place in Norway as your great grandmother. It is fun to find clues about where he came to and why.
Thanks for any info you have. I really think our ancestors where friends from the old country!

Re: Storebo in Clarkfield, MN

dave leonard (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2002 10:33PM GMT
Lyndi, There is a Heimark reunion in July I am going to in MN, will try and find out if any knows any thing then. Will let you know, Thanks, is interesting. Dave
Posted: 9 Dec 2002 5:58AM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2004 2:37AM GMT
Surnames: Heimark, Storebo
There are two Carrie Heimark's that I know of - one is the daughter of Jacob Heimark and Christine Storebo and the other is the daughter of Halvor Heimark and Cecelia Storebo.

Here is a little information on the daughter of Halvor and Cecelia:
Carrie Anne Heimark
b. September 10, 1882
d. March 15, 1965 in Yellow Medicine County, Minnesota

Re: Looking for Heimarks

Della Leftridge (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2003 1:14AM GMT
My Grandfather also came from Heimark, Norway near Austevoll and Huftaroy. We still have Heimark relatives living in Norway. When a lot of the imagrants came from other countries the officials here shortened their names when they arrived. They were not given any choice in the matter. Grandfather was named Paul Oles'Son Heimark and the officials said his name was legally Paul Olson. Grandmothers name was Andrene Hansene Andres'Daughter Jgerde from Somnonger and they gave her the legal name of Anna Anderson. Some of the people that came from Heimark were allowed to keep the village name as their last name. It all depended on when you arrived and who the officials were. When Grandfather went back to Norway for visits in the 50s, all his relatives there were Heimarks.Hope this has been a help to anyone doing family research as long as you know that the name could have been changed here. It sure makes it harder.

Re: Heimark

Posted: 10 Dec 2003 4:18AM GMT
Surnames: Heimark Storebo
Virginia: Carrie Annie Heimark, daughter of Halvor Heimark, was in the Fergus Falls (Minnesota) Hospital for the Insane. Admitted February 23, 1915. Statistical Record, Page 24, Number 9482.

"The patient admits suicidal thoughts and impulses. The commitment states she has tried to commit suicide by cutting her throat, She is actively hallucinated, says she hears threatening and persecuting voices most of the time, imagines her brothers are her bitter enemies and has threateded to kill them."

Carrie died in a nursing home in Clarkfield, MN, March 15, 1965.

I'm a descendant of Halvor's brother Jacob.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic