Search for content in message boards

James Cutler b.1605, who were his parents

James Cutler b.1605, who were his parents

Posted: 22 Sep 2013 9:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cutler
The below message was posted in 2009. It had 13 replies, but after trying 3 times, it still would not let me reply, so I'm starting the thread over.
I think I found the answer - I believe James' parents were Roger Cutler and Winifred Rhyvette. I found a registration of a Christening of a James Cutler, whose parents were Thomas Cutler and Anne. The christening was Aug 21, 1659. Of course it's possible for an adult to be christened, but it occurred in England, and our James Cutler came to America around 1633.
I'd put my money on Roger and Winifred. :)

James Cutler b. 1605, which are his parents?
Replies: 13
James Cutler b. 1605, which are his parents?
f_union (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 2:04AM
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:40PM
Surnames: Cutler, Rhyvett, Doundy
James Cutler was born May 21, 1605 in Sprowston, England. I have seen two sets of parents listed for him, Roger Cutler Winifred Rhyvett and Thomas Cutler Anne Doundy. Does anyone know which couple are his parents?
Thanks,
Fred

Re: James Cutler b.1605, who were his parents

Posted: 29 Oct 2013 11:31PM GMT
Thanks for posting this again. It would be wonderful to hear from a fellow researcher in England who could help gather definitive information on the parents of the three early Cutlers in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, James, John, and Robert. Our line is from Robert Cutler of Charlestown, MA, who arrived in America by 1636.

Some sources have recently said that these three immigrants were brothers and children of Thomas Cutler and Anne Doundy Cutler. Could anyone provide more information on the source of this?

Does anyone know of the relationship between James, John and Robert and the Cutler who was in Salem, Massachusetts? Has anyone checked records in Suffolk County, England, recently for help on this?

Thanks,
Betsy

Posted: 30 Oct 2013 1:49AM GMT
Edited: 2 Nov 2013 1:54PM GMT
Betsy,
I hope someone can shed some light. In my research I have found that James (my ancestor) had a younger brother, John. John has a son, Robert, but if your Robt came in 1636 that would be the wrong Robt. I could not find any info that my James had a brother named Robert. Maybe they were cousins.

Marsha

Posted: 19 Nov 2014 1:36AM GMT
I know the post I am responding to is over a year old, but I just tripped over. My info shows that the parents of James Cutler (one of my great grandfathers) b.21 May 1605 were Roger Cutler, 1568 - 1632 and Anne Doundy 1582 - 1613. James came to America in 16344

Posted: 19 Nov 2014 1:37AM GMT
I know the post I am responding to is over a year old, but I just tripped over. My info shows that the parents of James Cutler (one of my great grandfathers) b.21 May 1605 were Roger Cutler, 1568 - 1632 and Anne Doundy 1582 - 1613. James came to America in 1634
per page

Find a board about a specific topic