Search for content in message boards

Ira E. King Wife Mary Ethel Gregg

Ira E. King Wife Mary Ethel Gregg

Roberta Ponder (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 1999 3:53PM GMT
Looking for information on my Mother Edith King Shepherd's Father Ira E. King his wife Mary Ethel Gregg. They came out from Hutchinson, Pratt, Kansas in the very early 1930's to Sacramento, California. Their other children were: Fred, Earl and Roscoe. If you have information please feel free to E-Mail at my address listed. thanks.
Posted: 26 Nov 1999 7:55PM GMT
Edited: 8 Oct 2001 9:42PM GMT
Iam searching for information on the parents of my gggrandfather Cressy LeRoy King.Our family bible has John W. King married to Mary. According to our family bible they had the following Children: Ira, Harvey, Fred, Mattie, Poscal, Albert, Earl, Edith, Lenora and my greatgrand father Cressy LeRoy b 1875 died 1932. They lived in or about Nickerson Kansas. My branch of the family moved to North Dakota, then to Red Bluff Ca. finally settling in Klamath Falls OR. We also have Edith listed as marrying a Mr. Shepard. It looks as if there may be connection. I would be interested in any information about your branch.

Ira E. KIng Family Ancestry

Roberta Shepherd Ponder (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 1999 5:11PM GMT
This is first hand information from my Mother Edith P. King Shepherd that she recollects from the past. she's now 87 years old. Spotty information but maybe it will give you some leads. Grandfather Ira E. King's Sisters: Nora - she was a school marm/never married no children. Mattie E. Harvey - married a cattle baron, had 2 children. They moved to Idaho and then to Florida.

Grandfather Ira E. King's Brothers: 1) Roy E. King - Farmer/laborer. Married Alice and lived in Red Bluff, CA. They had Berle, William and Glen. Glen had 3 children: Robert Jr., Allen and Virginia. 2) Albert H. King - He was in real estate sales in the Berkley, Ca area. 3) Harvey King - Owned a country store property in abbeyville, KS. Married the Peterson girl they had no children.

Ira E. King was born on 2/2/1872 in Decator county, Iowa. He died in Red Bluff, CA on 12/16/1953 and is buried in Sacramento, CA at the Sacramento Memorial Park. He married Mary Ethel Gregg in September of 1896 although I don't know where. Grandfather Ira was a professional paper hanger and painter.

My Mother (Ira's Daughter) married my Father Robert Gholson Shepherd after graduating from Red Bluff Union High School in June, 1934 on 8/8/1934. Berle Faler is Mom's 1st Cousin lives here in Central Point, Oregon. She is of the King lineage that we are from. My Mother and her family came from Pratt/Hutchinson, Kansas to Sacramento, California over Pike's Peak. I have no information other than this. Your information was exceptionally enlightening. Thank you so much for responding. It has been a great help. Let's stay in touch and exchange whatever information we find on all of these people we are looking for. Talk with you soon. Roberta
Posted: 30 Nov 1999 7:32PM GMT
I am descended from Roy E. King(Cressy LeRoy)
They had three children, Merywn Glenn(my grandfather) Donald and Berle. Glenn and his wife Ethel may Bedient had four children Alice, Nellie, Harold(my father) and Blanche. Berle Faler is my great aunt, we visited her last spring. Unfortuately she did not recognize me or my mother. Thank you for the information on your line of the family. My e mail is s.a.megason@att.net please keep in touch.

Grandparents

Roberta Ponder (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2000 10:41AM GMT
Hi Sharon - Have done some further research on Grandfather Ira Elvin King's parents. Here is the information that was in some papers from lawyers when the great Granparents passed on. Names listed were: William R. Sylvester King/Kentucky, died: 1870-1890 in Nickerson, Kansas, 67 years of age at death; and his Wife: Harriet Elizabeth Piper King/Iowa, died: April/1919, 69 years of age at death.

If I find out more information I'll E-Mail you. Bye for now. Roberta

Mary King?

Posted: 20 Jan 2000 11:10PM GMT
Hi Roberta
I was visiting my Aunt Alice and going through some old picture albums. We came across a picture of Mary King. Do you know where she fits into the family tree. My aunt did not know.
Would it be possible to have a copy of the will? I would be happy to pay for the cost of copying and postage. Thank you so much for keeping in touch. I was surprise Ira's and Cressy Leroy's father was born in Kentucky. My father thought he came from PA. Thanks again. Sharon

Mary King

Sharon Megason (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2000 4:32PM GMT
Hello Again! I am still researching records but the listing I have for Mary R. King seems to be tied to Mary Jane Stephens. Mary Jane Stephens was married to William Robert Sylvester King who seems to be tied to Wm. S. King who were the parents of my Grandfather Ira Elvin King. I have pictures of them and I will make some copies at our local Kinko's to send to you along with a copy of the will and etc. Wm. R. S. King and M.J. Stephens King were both born in Kentucky and died in Nickerson, Kansas. Now there is the possiblity that Great, Great Grandmother King was also named Mary. I don't know just yet. Perhaps between the two of us we can sort this all out. Take care and hope to hear from you soon. Please E-Mail me your address once again to be sure that I have the correct one. Thanks. As aleays, Roberta

Mary King

Posted: 21 Jan 2000 4:33PM GMT
Hello Again! I am still researching records but the listing I have for Mary R. King seems to be tied to Mary Jane Stephens. Mary Jane Stephens was married to William Robert Sylvester King who seems to be tied to Wm. S. King who were the parents of my Grandfather Ira Elvin King. I have pictures of them and I will make some copies at our local Kinko's to send to you along with a copy of the will and etc. Wm. R. S. King and M.J. Stephens King were both born in Kentucky and died in Nickerson, Kansas. Now there is the possiblity that Great, Great Grandmother King was also named Mary. I don't know just yet. Perhaps between the two of us we can sort this all out. Take care and hope to hear from you soon. Please E-Mail me your address once again to be sure that I have the correct one. Thanks. As always, Roberta

Mary King

Posted: 21 Jan 2000 4:33PM GMT
Hello Again! I am still researching records but the listing I have for Mary R. King seems to be tied to Mary Jane Stephens. Mary Jane Stephens was married to William Robert Sylvester King who seems to be tied to Wm. S. King who were the parents of my Grandfather Ira Elvin King. I have pictures of them and I will make some copies at our local Kinko's to send to you along with a copy of the will and etc. Wm. R. S. King and M.J. Stephens King were both born in Kentucky and died in Nickerson, Kansas. Now there is the possiblity that Great, Great Grandmother King was also named Mary. I don't know just yet. Perhaps between the two of us we can sort this all out. Take care and hope to hear from you soon. Please E-Mail me your address once again to be sure that I have the correct one. Thanks. As aleays, Roberta

Mary King

Edna Miller (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2000 10:02AM GMT
This is a long shot, but it's worth a shot!
My great grandma was a Mary Ann (Anna) King
from Vanwert, Ohio. She married a Elias
Vandimark Eby. She died shortly after my
grandfather and his twin was born. Elias
had a daughter and her husband living in Ellsworth County, Kansas and he moved all his
children there for the older dau to help with
the younger ones after his wife's death. Mary King was suppose to be Indian with Indian headrights. Do you know anything about this Mary King? I'm supposing a Thomas
King was Mary's father since he deeded land
to her in Ohio. The land was adjoining a King cemetery in Vanwert, Ohio but I can find
no one who knows her or her family and I'm at
a loss to find any of her family. I desperately want to contact her family and build a family history on my great grandma
King and be in contact with her family. I
can be emailed at emiller@rectec.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions