Search for content in message boards

Andrew & Fanny (Dart) Miner

Andrew & Fanny (Dart) Miner

Posted: 24 Feb 2003 4:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jun 2004 6:29AM GMT
Andrew , son of Andrew, married Fanny Dart in 1815. They had 9 children : rebecca, W, James, Mark, Hiram, Maria, Jane, Julia, and Luman Andrus. LUMAN married Mary Jane Haynes in 1848. They had 17 children : miranda, azilka, jesse, william, george, mary, alice, frank, gilbert, harry, charles, herbert, sarah, luman, angie, julia, & delphine. AZILKA married JOHN HUBBARD PARSON and they had 12 children, one being my g grandmother. Any info and/or any documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Andrew & Fanny (Dart) Miner

Posted: 24 Feb 2003 11:13PM GMT
Edited: 15 Nov 2006 7:47PM GMT
The Andrew Miner who married Fanny Dart was Andrew N. Miner, son of Adonijah Miner and Hannah Barber, not son of Andrew. I have over 77,000 descendants of Thomas Minor of Stonington, CT including Andrew N., his son Luman Andros and his 17 children including your Azilka Marrietta and her 12 children and have descendants of 6 of them. From which of her children do you descend? Please contact me at wminer@hot.rr.com. Bill

Christine (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2003 11:02PM GMT
Surnames: Miner - Parson
Hi Cheryl,
Azilka Miner was my great X3 grandma - My grandma was mary Plessis, her mom was Lydia Belle Parson. You met my mom this last weekend (Donna).

And I was wondering if you could tell ME where Lydia (or Layda) Belle was born in Illinios? I have looked and looked and can't seem to find out. I know she is buried in Elbow Lake, MN.
do you happen to know?
Christine

Posted: 12 Feb 2004 4:32PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2004 6:29AM GMT
Hi Christine. Belle is buried in Compeer, Alberta. She was born in Windom, Minnesota. Did you mom tell you that i am putting together a history book on the Parson's and Miner's? atYou can e-mail me direct at herroncheryl@hotmail.com for more information.

Posted: 27 Mar 2010 3:07AM GMT
Thank you so much for all the family history on the Miner Family. I have learned so much about all the missing pieces. Its been great for my family too. My Great Grandmother was Ina May Miner, married to Amos Jacob Klinefelter, her Mother was Mary Jane Miner, married to George Rufus "Miner", & Her Mother was Mary Jane who was married to Luman Andros Miner.

Posted: 14 Jul 2010 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Miner, Foulke,
My husband's great grandfather was Ora Miner, Ina's older brother. There were 8 children I believe: Ora, Ina, Leo, Rio, May, Zoe, Ada, and Guy. Mary Jane and George Rufus are buried in Brookings, SD. So is their son Leo. Ora moved back to PA before he died and is buried there. Ora lived in PA, CO, TX and back in PA. He was a Methodist minister and a photographer. He taught at SMU and was also the photographer for the University. Ora's oldest son, also named George Rufus Miner, moved from TX to LA. Ora Miner married Dora Elizabeth Foulke and they had 5 children- 2 boys and 3 girls: George Rufus, Marian Ann, Lewise Ellison, Paul Gordon, Strelza Marie. Would love to know more info on the other brothers and sisters.

Posted: 11 Sep 2011 2:54PM GMT
Hi Bill,

Can I ask what documentation you've found for Andrew being the son of Adonijah? I've recently been looking into all of my Miner links, and while this one seems to be a "given" by most of the Miner descendants (and the Thomas Minor Society), it seems no one has any proof of the link.

Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions