Search for content in message boards

Lopau, Martens, Heigner families from Appen, assistance requested

Lopau, Martens, Heigner families from Appen, assistance requested

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 7:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lopau, Martens, Heigner
Hello,
I am hoping to find more information on my ancestors that lived in the Appen area. Any help on the Lopaus, Martens or Heigner(?)s from the area would be greatly appreciated.

Claus Lopau was born abt 1854, immigrated to the US in 1879. I believe he returns to Appen in 1886 and marries Caroline (first name shows up 5 or 6 different ways in US documents) Heigner?. They return to the US the same year with her young son Julius and his sister? Anna Lopau and another relative Wilhelm Lopau. Because Caroline's names are spelled so many different ways, I don't know how to begin to find her.
Thanking you in advance for any tips or information you might have to share.

Re: Lopau, Martens, Heigner families from Appen, assistance requested

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 4:03PM GMT
Hello ???

my name is Evelyn and I life in Schleswig-Holstein, I found somebody with ancestors with the same name in Appen, I contaed him.
If I get an answer I let you know.

Greetings
Evelyn

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 5:42PM GMT
Hello,
Thank you so much, I really appreciate the help!
Nora

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 10:34PM GMT
Hello again,
I was just checking back in to see if you ever heard from the person with ancestors in Appen? Thank you so much for your time and help! Also, might you know of OSB type books existing for Appen?
Thanks again!
Nora

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 9:15AM GMT
Hello, Nora

I talked with the Kirch Administration .
The churchbooks for Appen are in Pinneberg, near Hamburg.
If you want I can drive to Pinneberg and look in the churchbooks, but it is verbitten to make Pictures, i can also wrote down by Hand what I found, but the next visit date I get is the 7th of march, not earlier because a lot of People visit the Office.

Greetings
Evelyn

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 6:21AM GMT
Hi Evelyn,

That is such a kind offer, thank you. I would only be interested in that if I could pay you for your time and expenses. My email address is njsande@yahoo.com. If this is something that interested you, we could arrange it over personal email.
Thanks again, I really appreciate the help!
Nora
per page

Find a board about a specific topic