Search for content in message boards

Proof of Native American

Proof of Native American

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 11:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tabler Mayle
I have the following family from this area:

I heard that either Sarah Jane Hill who married Joseph Mayle or Male was indian. I also heard that Ruth Corbin is listed native american census(which I never found proof) who married William P. TABLER...

I thought that Oma Gayle MAYLE was indian... I heard that they were Blackfoot Cherokee... It seems that Blackfoot or Blackfeet are out of Montana... Any HELP is great appreciate...

First Generation

1. Iris Lou SATERWHITE was born on 28 Feb 1939 in Zanesville, Muskingum, Ohio.

Second Generation

2. Ollie D. SATTERWHITE was born on 22 Sep 1915. He died in Sep 1977 in , , Ohio. Ollie D. SATTERWHITE and Sybil L. TABLER were married on 11 Aug 1938 in Zanesville, Muskingum, Ohio.

3. Sybil L. TABLER was born. Ollie D. SATTERWHITE and Sybil L. TABLER had the following children:

1 i. Iris Lou SATERWHITE.

Third Generation

4. Jefferson SATTERWHITE was born. Jefferson SATTERWHITE and Renee were married.

5. Renee was born. Jefferson SATTERWHITE and Renee had the following children:

2 i. Ollie D. SATTERWHITE.

6. Clarence Edwin TABLER was born on 15 Nov 1891 in , Athens, Ohio. He died on 21 Oct 1950 in Zanesville, Muskingum, Ohio. He was buried in Woodlawn Cemetery, Zanesville, Muskingum, Ohio. Clarence Edwin TABLER and Oma Gayle MAYLE were married on 24 Feb 1921 in , Athens, Ohio.

7. Oma Gayle MAYLE was born in Nov 1902. She died on 8 Nov 1980 in Zanesville, Muskingum, Ohio. She was buried in Woodlawn Cemetery, Zanesville, Muskingum, Ohio. Clarence Edwin TABLER and Oma Gayle MAYLE had the following children:

3 i. Sybil L. TABLER.
ii. Clarence TABLER Jr. was born on 25 Jul 1921 in Lathrop, Athens, Ohio.
iii. Irs Lou TABLER was born.

Fourth Generation

12. Thomas Jefferson TABLER was born on 6 Aug 1848 in , Athens, Ohio. He died on 17 Sep 1922 in Columbus, Ohio. Thomas Jefferson TABLER and Melissa Jane DRIGGS were married on 27 Mar 1869 in , Athens, Ohio.

13. Melissa Jane DRIGGS was born on 20 Oct 1850 in Big Run, Athens, Ohio. She died on 18 Apr 1908 in Rome Township, Athens, Ohio. Thomas Jefferson TABLER and Melissa Jane DRIGGS had the following children:

i. A. B. TABLER was born on 11 Sep 1878 in , Athens, Ohio.
ii. Lydia TABLER was born on 2 Mar 1885 in , Athens, Ohio.
iii. William H. TABLER was born on 26 Jun 1888 in , Athens, Ohio.
6 iv. Clarence Edwin TABLER.

14. Joseph MALE was born. Joseph MALE and Sarah Jane HILLS were married.

15. Sarah Jane HILLS was born. Joseph MALE and Sarah Jane HILLS had the following children:

7 i. Oma Gayle MAYLE.

Fifth Generation

24. William P. TABLER was born on 14 Feb 1814 in Ravenswood, Jackson, West Virginia. He died on 28 Mar 1898 in , Athens, Ohio. He was buried in Kilvert Cemetery, Rome, Athens, Ohio. William P. TABLER and Ruth CORBIN were married on 19 Dec 1840 in , Athens, Ohio.

25. Ruth CORBIN was born on 10 Aug 1824. She died on 10 Aug 1914 in , Athens, Ohio. She was buried in Kilvert Cemetery, Rome, Athens, Ohio. William P. TABLER and Ruth CORBIN had the following children:

12 i. Thomas Jefferson TABLER.

26. Elliot DRIGGS was born in 1795 in , , New York. He died in 1863 in Big Run, Athens, Ohio. Elliot DRIGGS and Margaret FISK were married on 29 Apr 1832 in , Athens, Ohio.

27. Margaret FISK died in 1895. Elliot DRIGGS and Margaret FISK had the following children:

13 i. Melissa Jane DRIGGS.

Sixth Generation

48. George Michael TABLER was born on 11 Nov 1775. He died on 11 Feb 1843 in , , Ohio.

49. Hanna TABLER was born. George Michael TABLER and Hanna TABLER had the following children:

24 i. William P. TABLER.

50. Solomon CORBIN was born. Solomon CORBIN and Eliza WHEELER were married.

51. Eliza WHEELER died on 19 Nov 1841. Solomon CORBIN and Eliza WHEELER had the following children:

25 i. Ruth CORBIN.

52. Seth DRIGGS was born on 8 Oct 1768. He died on 16 Jul 1802. Seth DRIGGS and Mary BARROWS were married.

53. Mary BARROWS was born. Seth DRIGGS and Mary BARROWS had the following children:

26 i. Elliot DRIGGS.

Seventh Generation

96. John George TABLER was born on 11 Apr 1749. He died on 9 Oct 1827. John George TABLER and Catharina E. KRONE were married.

97. Catharina E. KRONE was born on 15 Dec 1751. She died on 30 Jan 1825. John George TABLER and Catharina E. KRONE had the following children:

48 i. George Michael TABLER.

104. Bartholonew DRIGGS was born on 9 May 1745 in Middletown, Middlesex, Connecticut.1 He died in Jan 1828 in , , New York. Bartholonew DRIGGS and Elisabeth Jane SPENCER were married in 1768 in Hartford, Hartford, Connecticut.2

105. Elisabeth Jane SPENCER was born on 4 Sep 1756 in Middletown, Middlesex, Connecticut.3 She died in 1810. Bartholonew DRIGGS and Elisabeth Jane SPENCER had the following children:

52 i. Seth DRIGGS.

106. Ebenezer BARROWS was born on 16 Aug 1740. He died in 1816 in , , Ohio. Ebenezer BARROWS and SUSANNAH CULVER were married about 1760 in , Albany, New York.4

107. SUSANNAH CULVER was born in 1743 in Of, , Albany, New York.5 She died in 1801. Ebenezer BARROWS and SUSANNAH CULVER had the following children:

53 i. Mary BARROWS.

Eighth Generation

208. Daniel DRIGGS was born.

209. Elizabeth STRICKLAND was born. Daniel DRIGGS and Elizabeth STRICKLAND had the following children:

104 i. Bartholonew DRIGGS.

210. JOHN SPENCER was born.

211. ELIZABETH TAYLOR was born. JOHN SPENCER and ELIZABETH TAYLOR had the following children:

105 i. Elisabeth Jane SPENCER.

212. SAMUEL BARROWS was born.

213. LYDIA RANSOM was born. SAMUEL BARROWS and LYDIA RANSOM had the following children:

106 i. Ebenezer BARROWS.

Re: Proof of Native American

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 6:01PM GMT
found proof you wanted, in 1850 census for both, then hit a wrong key and its gone, but They are both found in the census. Ruth is from the east, listed as Indian in 1850, parents, born in Conn.,and black later on. Indians sometimes were listed that way or as mulattoes.
Oma Male is listed under black in 1920 census, Athens, father Joseph, large family, mother not there. Father born Ohio, mother it just states U S C, (united states citizen?)
You could order Oma's death certificate, it should be more specfic.
Barbara

Re: Proof of Native American

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 9:22PM GMT
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html?...#
Check out this site. You have to register and wait for email confirmation. Scroll down to Ohio death certificates 1908-1953. I just put in parents names and got 2 for Joseph and I think the one is Your Tabler.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic