Search for content in message boards

uncle pink?

uncle pink?

robin (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2003 12:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
does any body know of a "uncle pink" in the cagle family. from the north carolina area.my uncle remebers him but doesnt know his full anme. he just remembers they called him uncle pink.

Re: uncle pink?

Posted: 1 Mar 2004 4:12PM GMT
Just saw your message. My husband, Frank Davis's Great-great-grandfather was James "Pink" Cagel. He was born in Henderson County, NC and moved to Mississiippi. Is this the same person you are referring to? If so, what is your Dad's connection and where did they live......
Frances

Dana (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2004 5:04PM GMT
My roots are the same as your husband's. James Pinckney Cagle was the older brother of my grandmother, Eululia "Lou" Cagle Costiloe. Glad to exchange.

Dana

Posted: 2 Mar 2004 5:07PM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2004 1:12AM GMT
Pink was my great grandfather on father's side (My grandmother was Mary Cagle who married into the Lowe family)

Dana (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2004 12:04AM GMT
Carol,

You and I have corresponded before but somehow I lost you. I am sending you something privately. Have you had any luck on finding the parents of Leonard Cagle (1798-1866)?

Dana

Posted: 3 Mar 2004 12:39AM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2004 1:12AM GMT
hi. i wouldn't know how to do a search for that so I have only very limited information.

Posted: 3 Mar 2004 2:54PM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2006 11:47PM GMT
Surnames: Cagle
I had a reply from Jimmy: JBCagle@aol,com who has written a book on the Cagle family. I am ordering his book. However, he doesn't have my line (on Carrie Bell who was Pink's daughter). I am getting this line together and will email you a copy when I get finished. Contact Jimmie Cagle for a copy of his book.
Frances

Dana (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2004 3:12PM GMT
Thanks, Frances. I also bought Jimmy Cagle's book. Carrie Cagle is from Pink's first wife, Jeannie Caroline Cheatham. I have very little information on some of these siblings. Do I have this right?

Carrie Cagle b 30 Sept 1867 in GA; d 22 Aug 1944 in Winston Co. MS. Married J. Frank Davis in Louisville MS on 26 Feb 1891. He was born 16 March 1870 (place unknown to me) and d 20 Sept 1928. Both buried in the Masonic Cemetery in Louisville. I do not have their childrens names.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 3 Mar 2004 3:25PM GMT
Edited: 10 Oct 2006 11:47PM GMT
Surnames: Cagle
Please send me your email address. If it is posted I missed it.
Thanks,
Frances

Posted: 11 Mar 2004 12:23PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2004 3:01PM GMT
does anybody have a roy cagle somewhere kin to this uncle
pink> i know he was from the nc mountains but thats all i know. roys parents were sally grasty and david cagle so pink should be kin to them somewhere. roy also had a sister named fannie.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic