Search for content in message boards

Griffin Reynolds

Griffin Reynolds

Posted: 22 Jan 2002 1:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Mar 2005 12:46AM GMT
Surnames: Reynolds,Chapman,Cremeans,Conner,Holley,Deal,Meadows,Davis,Tackett,Menefee,Wallace, Wilkes
My name is Roberta ( Bertie) Casey. My 3rd GGrandfather was Griffin B.Reynolds, born 1800 in Culpepper VA, and died in 1888. He married Elizabeth (Betsy) Black. I don't know if he was previously married. I know Betsy was a widow and had children by Mr. Black.
Griffin & Betsy had 4 children, (1) John David Reynolds, born 11/29/1832 in
Cabell Co., VA (now WV). He married Cassie Ann Chapman.
(2) Elizabeth born 1830
(3) Nancy born 1831
(4) Hardin born 1835.
I have a copy of a deed where John Renals of Cabell Co. State of VA deeded Griffin Reynolds property November 9th, 1822. I have heard Griffin was the son of John Reynolds and Miriam. I have seen where John and Miriam VanBibber Reynolds had children marrying in
Kanawha County VA/WV in the 1811-1840 Marriage Records. The names were: Alethea, Abigail, Vernon M. and John Reynolds. This John Reynolds married a Nancy Vinyard 4/19/1838.
My John had his 1st child (to my knowledge) Griffin in 1800. I would appreciate any information anyone might have. I have worked on genealogy for 35 yrs and I just can't find documentation of Griffin's parents, since this deed didn't specify "my son".

Thanks
Bertie Casey

Re: Griffin Reynolds

Posted: 22 Jan 2002 2:09AM GMT
Edited: 18 Mar 2005 12:46AM GMT
Please excuse the error in listing the above Reynolds Querie on the Deal Board.

Posted: 8 Oct 2010 10:09PM GMT
Did you ever pick up any verification of Griffin Reynolds parents?

Posted: 2 Jun 2011 3:56PM GMT
Surnames: chapman/reynolds
griffin's daughter eliza married emerson chapman. this is my family.....their son charles al vonse married (twice)ella leadman and had leonard chapman. thats my line...

Posted: 2 Jun 2011 3:57PM GMT
Surnames: griffin's possible father
Griffin B. was the son of James Reynolds born 1780 in NC we believe, mother unknown. Griffin was born in 1800 in Culpepper County Virginia. He married Elizabeth Black
per page

Find a board about a specific topic