Search for content in message boards

Healy, Brooklyn, NY

Healy, Brooklyn, NY

Posted: 6 Apr 2007 1:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lauren Ann Healy
I am searching for any information that might lead me to finding my biological family members. I was born in Brooklyn, NY, Kings County, on May 29th, 1967 and was born with the name Lauren Ann Healy. I was adopted through the Children's Aid Society in Manhattan.

I am trying to locate a possible relative.

Thanks for any information.

Nancy Robbins

Re: Healy, Brooklyn, NY

Posted: 11 May 2007 2:23AM GMT
my mother Dorothy Healy (deceased) family are from the Flatbush section of Brooklyn. Although I do not have contact with them my moms sisters had sons it would be their sons as canidates.
I really have no information that you could use but if you can track down any healy from the flatbush section they may be helpful.

jim stone
son of dorothy haely daughter of edward and edith healy

Posted: 11 May 2007 3:36AM GMT
Thanks Jim!

I haven't had any more time to check into this but I'll save this info and see if I can do something with it over the summer. I'm going to check out the diocese of Brooklyn and see if there are any adoption records that might assist in my search. I figure if God wants me to know something He'll open the doors and lead me to something, if no doors open than it isn't meant to be for me to know in this lifetime...

Thanks for your help!
Many Blessings,
Nancy Robbins

Posted: 18 May 2007 9:42PM GMT
would love to be of help but it's a long shot. My father lost touch when his elder brothers John and Patrick, went out to NY (long Island) in the early 1900's but have no idea if they marrried or not. Good luck with your searching

Posted: 18 May 2007 9:49PM GMT
Thanks! I appreciate your desire to help. If I'm meant to know something it'll turn up somewhere if not...it's not affecting my life as I know it...

Many Blessings!
Nancy Robbins

Posted: 18 May 2007 11:17PM GMT
good luck!

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 4:30PM GMT
Surnames: Healy
My husband is from the Healy family in Brooklyn, NY, Kings County. Just this week I began a geneology search on the Healys. We just may be relatives!
What (if any) other info do you have?
I believe that Vital Records in NY are open to the public only if your parents were married at the time of your birth.
Let me know if I can help!

Posted: 26 Jun 2009 1:48AM GMT
I am adopted and I don't have much information on myself at all. I was placed in an adoption agency in Manhattan and stayed there until I was 13 mos. old. It was a closed adoption. I have tried to figure out something about myself briefly but haven't gotten anywhere. My girlfriend says I should try and go through the Archdiocese and see if they have any christening records as they would have had me christened prior to adoption but I never heard back from anyone at the church in reference to it. From what I have been told my parents were college students and my father was killed in a car accident prior to my birth and my mother had diabetes and didn't think she could take care of me on her own, hence giving me up for adoption. Best wishes to you and your husband on your hunt for his relatives!

Posted: 26 Jun 2009 10:22AM GMT
Hi, just read that your husband is a kings Healy?
Do these names say anything ...Robert, Billy(William), Cornelius (Con), Timothy, Thomas Healy these are 5 brothers
They came to New York between 1912 and 1925.
They came originally from Mallow County Cork Ireland

Posted: 26 Jun 2009 1:41PM GMT
Surnames: Healy
Actually I just learned that there were two Healy families living on the same BLOCK (one of which was my husband's family) the other was unrelated. I can almost bet that the
brothers you mention lived on one of two streets in Brookyn- Fuller Place or Prospect Street?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic