Search for content in message boards

Jackman Look-Ups

Jackman Look-Ups

Posted: 8 Sep 2008 1:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jackman, Beecher
Hello, I've recently obtained several books and articles on the Jackman family and am willing to do look-ups if anyone is interested. My resources cover the descendents of Richard Jackman (1684-1737). Included in some of the books and articles are pictures of various Jackmans. Since what I have covers a lot of people, please leave all the info you can on the person you want looked up. Thanks.

Re: Jackman Look-Ups

Posted: 9 Sep 2008 2:01AM GMT
I am interested in the ancestors and children of John Jackman b 1745 Ireland, m Margaret Morton, d 1825 in Jefferson County OH.

Thanks Alan

Posted: 9 Sep 2008 2:31AM GMT
Surnames: Jackman
I'm sorry all the Jackman info I have concerns descendents of Richard Jackman (1684-1737) who was from New England. I don't have any info for Jackmans born outside the US.

Posted: 9 Sep 2008 10:49AM GMT
Where was Richard born?

Posted: 9 Sep 2008 3:45PM GMT
Jackman-Morton contact jackmanni@comcast.net

Posted: 9 Sep 2008 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: Jackman, Major
Newbury, Mass. I have info for his descendents who were in Mass., New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, Maine (New England as a whole) and a little bit on the later generations who went west and branched out to places like Illinois, Iowa, California and some others that I can't remember off the top of my head. Sorry, I meant to include all that in my original post but had a brain fart and omitted it. So, to set it straight: I have various books and articles concerning the descendents of Richard Jackman (b. 1684, Newbury or Newburyport, Mass.; d. 1737 in either Mass. or New Hampshire). Most of the early stuff I have concerns the family in New Hampshire, and a little in Mass. If anyone is a descendent of Richard (who was married to Elizabeth Major) and would like a look-up of some kind in the info that I have, I would be happy to do it.

Jackman Website

Posted: 24 Sep 2008 5:44AM GMT
I just wanted to say that while I'd still be willing to do look-ups for people in the info that I have, I am also making a Jackman website and am slowly putting all of my Jackman info up on it. The website covers the descendants of James Jackman (1611-1694) who came to Newbury, Mass. Here is the link: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~shbwgen/ja... Check it out if you're interested and drop me a line if you'd like, I'd appreciate any feedback. A relative of mine did a list of descendants for James many years ago and I have been slowly updating it and putting the list on the site so if you aren't sure if your Jackmans are related to James take a look at the list (http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~shbwgen/ja...) and they might be there.

Re: Jackman Website

Posted: 25 Sep 2008 12:06AM GMT
Surnames: JACKMAN, SEE
I am researching all JACKMAN in Greenbrier Co, WV prev Montgomery co, VA, especially the John JACKMAN who m Hannah GEORGE there 25 Oct 1777.

Posted: 27 Sep 2008 5:10PM GMT
hi
please bear with me,i'm new at this..i just got info from blueomega,this IS my family..i'm so thrilled..i was just wondering if there was anyone out there from my Moms family..jackmans of keene new hampshire,and mass...and she had sent info,that a joseph jackman,born 9-18-1805 new berry mass..,born to a Molly/Mary Titcomb,and Enock Jackman..that would be my great,great,great,grandfather...how neat..., i also found the name PUTNAM in some old old papers..that has to be my family tree..thanks...have to go,my laptop is really hot...i'll get back..thanks again for info.....

Posted: 27 Sep 2008 10:41PM GMT
I should clarify that blueomega is my rootsweb user name and mallenea is my ancestry user name. I'm glad that was your family though! I have never been able to attach your ancestor, Enoch (m. to Mary/Molly Titcomb) with James Jackman (b. 1611-1694) the early Newbury resident, but I'm sure there is a connection somewhere. I do have the marriage reocrds for Enoch and Mary/Molly and Joseph's birth record and they all took place in the Newbury area which is why I think there is a connection with James (b. 1611) and also, Enoch is a common Jackman name. Here are a few other details on your Jackmans: Joseph (b. 9/18/1805) was married to Lydia Lowe (also spelled Low) McIntire (b. bet. 1827-1833 in Maine) around 1860 (the info on Lydia's surname is iffy so please take it with a grain of salt) and they lived in Methuen (were farmers) they had two children: Charles Franklin Jackman b. in April of 1863 and your ancestor, Joseph Enoch Jackman (b. Nov. 1866). Charles married Ida around 1905 and they had no issue. All the info that I have on Joseph and Cora is in the other post. Here are a few details on their children: Clarence Henry Jackman (born Oct. 6 1892), Walter William Jackman (b. July 31 1894) and Ralph Joseph Jackman (b. Oct. 23 1896) were all born in Haverhill, Mass. and after Ralph was born they moved to Keene. The Putnam name you found is, I think connected with Walter and Hugh's sister, Alice, who married Myron Putnam in abt. 1920. Clarence married Doris and they had: Barbara M. (b. abt. 1924), Kenneth A. (b. abt. 1925), Shirley E. (b. abt. 1927), and Cora (b. abt. 1930). Ralph married Lyda and they lived in Haverhill until abt. 1940 when they moved to NYC. They had: Cora (b. abt. 1917, died young), Doris (b. abt. 1918), Robert (b. abt. 1925), and John (b. abt. 1926).

I have info on Mary/Molly Titcomb if you're interested. She was the daughter of John Titcomb (b. 2/1/1746 in Newburyport, Mass.) and Elizabeth Pierson/Pearson. John Titcomb (b. 1746) was the son of Samuel Titcomb and Elisabeth Kingsbury. The Titcombs were actually a very early and prominent Massachusetts family (Mary/Molly's ancestor, William came to Newbury in 1634 on the Mary and John, the first ship to the area) and there is a book on them. E-mail me and I will send you the excerpts that I have from the book (which includes the info on Mary/Molly's family), blueomega128@gmail.com, the link never works for me either (I think you have to have MicrosoftOutlook set-up on your PC for it to work) so I would just manually type in the address. Also, I have a Jackman website you might be interested in: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~shbwgen/ja..., there is a monument on the homepage of the site that you might be intereted in. The monument is a founders monument for the early settlers on Newbury and William Titcomb (as well as James Jackman) are on it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions