Search for content in message boards

Pittman relations

Pittman relations

Suzi Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2001 1:08PM GMT
I am looking for my Pittman relations. Floyd Pittman married Molly Delaughter about 1870. Their daughter, Minnie Ella Pittman/Carter was my grandmother. Helping my father with the ancestory. Any relations may contact me at slabelle@ptd.net. These relations were from in or near Pike County, Mississippi and Tangipahoa Parrish, Louisiana.

Re: Pittman relations

Posted: 12 Jul 2001 11:36PM GMT
What are the names of your Floyd's brothers? And are there any Thornwells or Thurlows in your line?

Suzi Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2001 4:27PM GMT
We are not sure of any brothers or their names at this time. Will look into that.My Great Grandpa's nick name was "Dunk".
He was about 6' 6" and my g- grandmother was about 5' 1", named Estelle. She was a Cooper before she married g-grandpa Dunk. One of the sons was killed in the Texas City disaster. They had several sons. This all the info I have. Let me know.

Robin Compton (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2002 12:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
I know he had brothers named Paul and doc,I don't have my paper work with me at the moment but will get back with you.

Posted: 6 Feb 2002 6:40PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2002 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: Pittman
Are your Pittmans African American? If so, did your grandmother, Minnie Ella, have any brothers? I am trying to locate relatives of my father, Willie Lee Pittman, born in 1898.

Posted: 9 Jul 2002 7:35PM GMT
hi. awhile ago...abt 1997 i had contact with a delia pittman in los angeles and she said she was african decent and her father was willie pittman. you may try to contact her . i will look up the address and see if i can locate it..give me a few days then check in with me at e-mail address. ..mria

Sandra (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2002 6:48PM GMT
Thanks for any info you can provide.

Posted: 13 Sep 2009 11:03PM GMT
Surnames: Pittman & Johnson
I am related to some Pittman that were born in Louisiana.
Semore Pittman born Sept 1869
wife: Adele Johnson born May 1873
4 daughters:
Amspy Pittman born June 12, 1896
Lula Pittman born March 1899
Maggie Pittman born abt 1902
Fannie Pittman born abt 1907

Does anyone know these people?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions