Search for content in message boards

Stewarts from Banffshire, Scotland and Quebec

Stewarts from Banffshire, Scotland and Quebec

Posted: 4 Jan 2000 12:37AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2002 5:13AM GMT
Looking for info on Stewarts from the Mortlach, Banffshire, Scotland area. Some family moved to Missisquoi County, Quebec about 1855-56. Particularly looking for info on George Stewart and Margaret Burges and family from Mortlach, Scotland. I have info I'm willing to share. Thanks!

Susan Copple
copple@peak.org

looking for relatives past,ont,que,and scotland

Walter and George Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2000 6:51PM GMT
I am looking for anyone knowing any of the following,Walter Stewart(married to Mary Davidson), children George,mina,Ernie and Gordon born in 1800s.
Posted: 12 Feb 2000 10:11PM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2001 6:46AM GMT
Susan...My Stewart connection is James born 1806 in Buckie, married Georgina Munro in 1840. James is the son of John Stewart and Helen Reid. Anything in your database to support these names? I don't recognize the names you posted but will keep looking.
Posted: 13 Feb 2000 12:30AM GMT
Hi Thomas,
I do not have a connection for you, unfortunately. I do have a James Stewart, but he was born 1802 in Mortlach. He was the son of John Stewart and Jean Gordon. I don't know anything more about him other than his birth date.
Sorry!
Susan

george stewart

c.meloche (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2000 7:42AM GMT
My Stewart family originated in scotland and went to quebec. I do not know the names of the original family yet but I do know that my great great grandfather George was born in quebec around 1834. He married a Mary Davidson(I think). My great grandfather then had the following children-Bertha,George,Walter, Whilemina,Jamesand Ernest.I have references to thelast generation mentioned living in Glenelm and als Huntingdon quebec. I do not know where they started off in Quebec from scotland-any connection?

Stewarts in Quebec

Posted: 19 Mar 2000 8:21AM GMT
The only George Stewart that I have was born 1863 in Noyan, Quebec. Unfortunately I do not know anything more about him, except that he died in 1931 and is buried there as well.

The only Stewarts that I have that were born circa 1830's were all born in Mortlach, Scotland.

Susan Copple
copple@peak.org

Re: Stewarts in Quebec

Posted: 20 Nov 2008 3:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a James Stewart born 1843-1853 depending on which document born in Mortlach but have nothing on his parents and his wife was Jean/Jane Mcdonald/Macdonald married at Knockando, Scotland their Daughter Jane Stewart married John Tough and came to canada 1914

Re: Stewarts

Posted: 22 Nov 2008 2:10PM GMT
I have John Stewart (married to Ann Grant), son of John Stewart and Jean Gordon.

Posted: 22 Nov 2008 2:28PM GMT
could be my James Stewart/Stuart's brother or his son son was born in 1873 or 1874 depending on which document igi is parish record says Feb 8, 1873 cencus say in 1881 he was 7 this is 1874 not sure what happened from Knockando, rothes to where they ended up Jane/Jean MacDonald/McDonald Married James Stewart/Stuart 1870 also Knockando, her mother was Margaret Grant father James McDonald/

Posted: 22 Nov 2008 3:57PM GMT
My John Stewart/Stuart was born 1786 in Mortlach, Banffshire, Scotland
per page

Find a board about a specific topic