Search for content in message boards

Louis Lachapelle and Ida Hamilton's Children - Attleboro, MA

Louis Lachapelle and Ida Hamilton's Children - Attleboro, MA

Posted: 13 May 2012 7:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lachapelle
My aunt Ida Hamilton was a nurse in Attleboro, Massachusetts in the 1930s. She married (Ernest) Louis Lachapelle in the early 30s. Ida had several children with Louis, one of which was only a couple of days old when Ida died from pneumonia in mid-February 1937 at a hospital in Central Falls, Rhode Island. Louis later married Marguerite Tetreault. If anyone has information about Ida's children with Louis please reply.

Re: Louis Lachapelle and Ida Hamilton's Children - Attleboro, MA

Posted: 17 May 2012 6:27PM GMT
You could find their births at Mass Archives - they have on microfilm the BMD index for the years 1915-1970. You would jot down the vol and page number and then go right down the street to Mass Vitals to see actual record. Vitals charges $9 an hour for research - that's why I use Archives first, saves a little time.

Margaret

Posted: 17 May 2012 7:47PM GMT
Thank you for that tip Margaret. I will have to do the payment for research through Mass Vitals because I live in California.

Candice

Posted: 17 May 2012 8:15PM GMT
Don't use Vitalchek - they charge an arm and a leg!

http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/consumer/basic-needs/vitals/obtain...

That's the link to Mass. Vitals - scroll down until you see 'By Mail' - cost not as bad as Vitalchek.

Or you could post another message to see if anyone is going to Mass Vitals and see if they would do a lookup for you.

Good luck
Margaret

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 11:53PM GMT
Surnames: LaChapelle. Hamilton
Hi Candace. My husband Louie is the oldest son of Louis and Marguerite, born in 1939. I am curious as to if you found any info on children of Louis and Your Aunt. My husband thought there was only one child and your aunt died either in a car accident or in childbirth with afore mentioned child. It would be great to know there were more half siblings

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 9:16PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2013 6:05AM GMT
Surnames: Tetrlault, Lachapelle
The 1940 census has the following info Summmer St. N. Attleboro
Delia Tetrault 64 widow b. Rhode Island
Estelle dau. 23 single bookkeeper - garage b. R.I.
Margaret Lachapelle dau.28
Louie Lachapelle son-in-law 30 b. Ma. laborer- poultery farm
Laure grandson 8 mos. b. Ma.
The spellin was not correct for grandson'
So it would seem Louis and Ida had only 1 living child before he married Margaret.
Tina
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions