Posted: 20 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jan 2002 9:05PM GMT
Surnames: Porter, Woodcock
Seeking Samuel George Porter: born; December 17, 1876
Born in Mall, Ballyshannon; County, Donegal
His mother was Jane Anne Woodcock
His father was Constable RIC William Porter
Samuel was a comissioned officer of the Church Army in September 1896. Sent to Indian Territory, Oklahoma; USA

Any information you could give me would be appreciated.

Porter/Woodcock

Richard Wright (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Jane Anne Woodcock is my G.G. Grandfathers daughter I have a lot of research on family contact me.

Re: Porter/Woodcock

Posted: 26 Feb 2002 1:49AM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2003 10:05PM GMT
Surnames: Woodcock
I am researching Jane Ann's sister Sarah Gibson Woodcock's family. Would be glad to share what info I have on parents.

Re: Samuel George Porter

Posted: 26 Feb 2002 1:51AM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2003 10:05PM GMT
Surnames: Woodcock
Julia: I am researching the Jane Ann Woodcock's sister Sarah Gibson Woodcock's family. Would like to share information about their parents.

Posted: 6 Apr 2009 4:55PM GMT
Surnames: Samuel George Porter
I am seeking information on Samuel George Porter.
Born Ireland, June 17, 1878.
Came to US with church about 1898.
Ordained at St. Ann's in Tennessee.
Married to Alma Lee Hampton in 1900 and then to my grandmother, Sallie Young in 1919.
Family names and records were lost.
Anyone have any information to share?

Posted: 6 Apr 2009 11:02PM GMT
Surnames: Porter
I sent a reply yesterday to a search you did 10 years ago on Samuel George Porter. I wanted to give you an email to reach me in the event you care to (ravello98-bluesky@yahoo.com). I also am researching my grandfather, SG Porter, born in Belfast Ireland June 17, 1876. He also came to US in 1896 with the church and spent a lot of time in the Indian Territory. He had a marriage to Alma Hampton, divorced and in 1919 married my grandmother, Sallie Young. He was an Episcipal minister and died in Marlin, TX 1926. I know very little about him or his parents names. Any information you would like to share would really be appreciated. I'm uncertain as to how the replies are received so I thought perhaps an emai address would move things along.(ravello98-bluesky@yahoo.com).

Posted: 12 Mar 2011 12:30AM GMT
Julia, are you still active on Ancestry? I am the granddaughter of Samuel George Porter. I've had a difficult time finding these "threads" and have missed many messages over the years. Please contact me at juliemcmullen@sbcglobal.net

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 1:29PM GMT
Julia, are you Elizabeth Porter Guice's daughter or granddaughter?

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 4:43PM GMT
Are you still interested in information on Samuel George Porter? I've tried to contact you but have been unsuccessful.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions