Search for content in message boards

Matthew GAY

Matthew GAY

Nancy Gay Crawford (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GAY, DEAL
Searching for the parents of Matthew GAY b.c.1780 in NC.,possibly Franklin County. He married Martha DEAL in
Bulloch Co., GA on 3/10/1804 and he died in Milledgeville
State Prison on 8/27/1843. There children were Absolum, Lewis, Benjamin, Mitchell, Richard, Batte, Mary Ann, Berrian and Abigal GAY.
Posted: 23 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 4:54PM GMT
Surnames: Gay, Sims, Bird
I have a Matthew Gay Married to Winifred Prigden and second wife Martha Deal His father is listed as Thomas Gay Mother Patience Sims. I have a Joshua Gay RS born 1760 died 1830 In N.C his second wife was Patience Sims. Source: Freeman Bible, The history of a Noble Family-G G Williams Bulloch County 1805 1818 Land Fifteen Mile Creek. Also Emanuel County 1820,30,40 and 1850. I h ope this helps Joan Williams

Williams Family

Posted: 9 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 8:31PM GMT
Mathew Gay , Batt Gay, Ivy D. Gay, Ben B Gay,
Muriel Gay Williams and then me.

I am looking for the Williams Family from SC to Ga,
that lived in Jenkins, Co. Can YOU help?

thanks, Odell Williams

Re: Williams Family

Posted: 9 Jun 2003 3:22AM GMT
Surnames: Stevens,Cudd,McAlister,Jones,Williams,Keeton
We have an Odell Williams in our family, his mother name was Hazel Stevens, the daughter of John Tom Stevens and Gussie McAlister from the Russellville, Arkansas. Last place to know where is mother live was in Califronia. Could you be part of this family

Re: Matthew Gay

Posted: 17 Jan 2005 5:33PM GMT
Matthew Gay never married Winifred Pridgen. She married John Asa Gay in Bulloch Co., GA on 26 Apr 1829. John Asa
gay was the son of Joshua Louis Gay and Mary Ann Bird.

Posted: 8 Aug 2012 2:47AM GMT
Yes, I am working on my friends tree....she is a part of this family. Hazel Lou Stevens is her Grandmother. Thank you for confirming who her parents were. I was having a very difficult time tracking them down. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at jemarie71@gmail.com

Posted: 8 Aug 2012 10:58AM GMT
My husband mother was the sister of your Hazel Low Stevens Williams. Can tell you alot of history about this family

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 3:02PM GMT
Surnames: Gay
my gr gr or what ever is Batt Gay- his son or somewhere down the line was Math Gay who married Bessie McBride and they had 8 children- one of them being my dad Melton Thomas Gay -is this the same Batt Gay
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions