Search for content in message boards

Harmon M Reynolds, James E Reynolds

Harmon M Reynolds, James E Reynolds

Posted: 16 Apr 2011 2:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
My name is Lyvonne Reynolds Hagen-I am looking for info. on Harmon M Reynolds,my great,great grandfather. He was born in Ga. abt 1828, married Catherine Johnson 2 Feb 1854 in Ga. Would like to know who is parents were. Would also like to know when & where he died. I do know that he died before 1910 because 1910 census shows his 2nd wife Henrietta as a widow in Greene Co.,Ga.
Also looking for info on James E Reynolds-born abt 1856 in Ga. He married Claudia Rhodes 2 Aug 1877. Would like to know when & where he died.
I am looking for descendents for both of them.

Re: Harmon M Reynolds, James E Reynolds

Posted: 21 Apr 2011 6:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reynolds
A few odds and ends...

Records of the Grand Lodge of Georgia 1854
Baber Lodge No. 123, White Plains, Greene County
http://files.usgwarchives.net/ga/greene/history/123greene.tx...
H. M. Reynolds
J. W. Reynolds
Looks like Harmon was a Mason. Perhaps worth contacting them to see if they have any other information. That particular lodge seems to no longer exist, but there are others in Greene and Newton counties.

1840 census for Newton County shows a widow Sarah Reynolds with a young boy the right age for Harmon.

1860/1870 census shows a Mariah Reynolds/Nutt living with Harmon, relationship unknown. Possible mother? Aunt?

James and Claudia Reynolds in 1880 Taliaferro County, 1920 Wheeler County.

Harold, Julian, Loyal, sons of James and Claudia, buried at Glenwood City Cemetery in Wheeler County.
Samuel, brother of James, also buried in Glenwood City Cemetery. I would expect to find James and Claudia there or nearby, but there are no online burial records for them that I could find.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic