Ancestry

Search for content in message boards

***********Looking for Clarkson's in Ontario**************

***********Looking for Clarkson's in Ontario**************

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 7:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Clarkson
Hi;
I am tracing the Clarkson family in Ontario starting with John Clarkson, his wife Ann Nancy White, and their children Thomas, William, Mary Ann, Margaret, Abegail, Robert John, George Henry, Anna Louise, Ephraim and Rebecca. I invite all who have information or would like to share info on these people to please contact me.

Regards;

Robert

Re: ***********Looking for Clarkson's in Ontario**************

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 2:55AM GMT
Surnames: CLARK, STOKEL
Do you have any dates or place of residence? I have George and Hannah (Stokel) Clarkson. The children's names are not all the same and run from abt 1813 to 1833 - Clark Twp.

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 11:28AM GMT
Hi;
I have not come across a George and Hannah Stoke yet. My John Clarkson was born in England abt 1818 and after arriving in Canada, settled in T York Co. and married Ann Nancy White abt 1847.. Together they raised 10 kids from 1848 to m1869, all born and raised on the homestead in York Co., Ontario. I am looking for any siblings for John, so who knows, maybe John and George will turn out to have a connection. I will keep you on my contact list in case anything developes.

Regards;

Robert

Posted: 21 Aug 2015 8:41PM GMT
Surnames: CLARKSON
Have you had any luck with your Clarkson search, Robert? I am still looking for info on George and Hannah.

Posted: 21 Aug 2015 11:29PM GMT
Hello:
Strange as it seems to be, I have had more luck helping other people and their family searches than with mine The new information come very very slowly, and usually through the 4th cousin of my 3rd ggrt grandfather's second cousin's nephew!
I have not come across a George (Clarkson) and Hannah. I have hit a brick wall going back to my grt grt grandfather from England. But if I come across anything that may interest you, I will post you a reply. Please feel free to look through my tree when you want to, as I do make small changes now and then.

Regards; Robert

Posted: 22 Aug 2015 12:37AM GMT
On Ephraim's second marriage registration, his father's birthplace is given as London England which may or may not be right.

You have likely researched this but those old obituaries covered a lot of material- where people were born, when they arrived in Canada, etc.
John's children's obits may have info on them about him as well. Too bad he died before the long death form came into being.
On their marriage rego in 1848, one witness is a Martha Claxton. Maybe a sister?
Good luck!

Posted: 22 Aug 2015 10:59AM GMT
Hello;
Thank you for the suggestions. I do have a copy of Ephraim's second marriage registration. But as I soon discovered, looking for a John Clarkson from London, England is like looking for John Smith from Ontario, Canada. Just too many hits. I need to somehow narrow down the factors.
But I do appreciate your suggestions. In fact I have been looking into the "Claxton" idea. Some leads look slightly promising. But family history is all about researching information and following leads. Other hints are always appreciated.

Regards, Robert
per page

Find a board about a specific topic