Search for content in message boards

Utah Wholesale Grocery Company in Ogden 1920-1973

Utah Wholesale Grocery Company in Ogden 1920-1973

Posted: 14 Mar 2008 5:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on Utah Wholesale Grocery Company that sat on 2364 wall ave. Particuler interest in the founder.

Cindy

Re: Utah Wholesale Grocery Company in Ogden 1920-1973

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 8:52PM GMT
Cindy-
I believe my grandfather may have been one of the founders.

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 3:25AM GMT
Thanks, I was doing a project at the time for my undergrad class. My friend continued the work and her report is accessible at Weber State Library I think under Utah Wholesale grocery company. Out of curiosity though, when was you grandfather born? It seems to have gone kinda far. It turned into a very large company with connections going from Chicago through Utah to San Francisco.

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 3:35AM GMT
I'm not sure. He died in the 40s before I was born. My guess is he was born in the 1880s or 90s. I can find out if you need the infornation. His name was Chester Deal and he is buried in Springfield. he married a daughter of A.O. Smoot.

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 1:38PM GMT
By the way, do you know how I can get a copy of the paper? I tried to access the library but with no success.
Tom

death certificate John Chester Deal, Grocer

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 4:13AM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2013 4:14AM GMT
John Chester Deal Death Cert.
Attachments:

Re: death certificate John Chester Deal, Grocer

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 2:41PM GMT
That is him. I'd forgotten my father and myself were named after him. And, my oldest son is named John. He is buried in Springfield next to his second wife. His first wife, my grandmother, died young and is buried in Provo in the Pierpont family plot.
Thank you for sending this.

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 2:41PM GMT
That is him. I'd forgotten my father and myself were named after him. And, my oldest son is named John. He is buried in Springfield next to his second wife. His first wife, my grandmother, died young and is buried in Provo in the Pierpont family plot.
Thank you for sending this.

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 11:21PM GMT
Your welcome, glad I could help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic