Search for content in message boards

family search

family search

Viv (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stove, Stovey, Hole, Jolum
All of my ancestors came from Norway to Crawford county, Wi.
Jens Stove(Stovey) came in 1868 to USA but I am unable to find him on the 1880 census. He married Oline Antonsdatter Hole.
I am searching for Ever Olson Jolem's family--parents or siblings.
Would appreciate any help that can be given.

Stove family

Viv (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Thanks you, Vern, for the quick response to my inquiry. Being a novice at family search, I think I have started in the right place. Many thanks.
Sincerely,
Viv

Stove Family

Posted: 2 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 5:32PM GMT
Surnames: Stove, Munson, Hole, Jolem
The following comes from "Genealogical Gleanings From Early Newspapers for Residents In and Near Crawford County, Wisconsin, 1897-1902."

Lena Stove -- Crawford County filed suit against Jens Stove, father of Lena A. Stove, to recover costs for care provided his daughter at the State Hospital for the Insane. from Kickapoo Chief, Supplement, Dec. 12, 1901

Lena Stove -- Per Report of Special Committee on Insane, Crawford County, a claim of the county to the State Boared has been satisfactorily adjusted in the case of Lena Stove. from Kickapoo Chief, Supplement, Dec. 18, 1902

Nels Stove -- Married Julia Munson last Thursday at the Norwegian Church in Utica. from Kickapoo Chief, page 5, column 3, March 27, 1902.

There are no other references to Stove, Hole or Jolem in the book. Hope this helps.

Have looked in Vernon County, WI records? Many Norwegians lived there.

Vern Erickson

Re: Stove family

Katherine Edwards (adopted Name) (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2001 8:19PM GMT
Surnames: Stove , Evans
I am an adoptee in the process of searching for my birth mother and father. I have found out that my mothers last name, whether it was her maiden name or not, I'm not sure, because she had been married once before my father, was at the time of my birth stated on my birth cert "Stove". I am looking for any family that has lived in the state of California between the years of 1944 - 1967. She married my father and the only name info I have on him is J.F. Evans he was born in 1942, and had family in Pennsylvania. They were married between the months of Nov 1965 and August 1966, and shortly thereafter divorced. If you have any information regarding anything that might sound familiar, or know someone who does, please email me , I have been searching for approx 2 years as of now. I would greatly appreciate any help if you can.. Thank You very much.

Sincerely, Katherine Edwards

Re: Stove Family

Posted: 7 Jan 2002 7:35PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2002 4:02PM GMT
A Stove emigrated from Norway:1893 Mars 9 Nils Ingebrigtsen Støve born 1870 in Gloppen Parish, Sogn og Fjordane County. Differenet families from the Norwegian Stove farms emigrated in the last decades of the 1800. They where neighbours and some close relatives. Some went to Viscounsin, and others ended up in South Dakota, Miner County. Some of them you will find in my family files at http://itbase.no/kvien . I may do lookups in Norwegian "bygdebooks". There are other families with the same family name from Denmark, Germany and England, but they are not related to the Norwegian Stoves.

Tor

Re: family search

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 6:18PM GMT
I´m working on a book about Stove family and is very interesting in Jens Ingebrigtsen Stove. I have: He was born 9th august 1838. He emigrated to Amerika 1868, arrived Quebec 14th june same year. I believe he married Oline Marie Antondatter Hole, she was born 7th may 1843. She emigrated from Bergen, Norway, 18th august 1882. 1th june 1905 Jents lives in Freeman, Crawford, Wisconsin."
What i miss is: When did they married. Where did they live and die. Did they get any children? Profession? And others if you have.

My name is Jan Støve (Stove) and lives in Hamar, Norway.
Very grateful for any answer.
Friendly greetings, Jan.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic