Search for content in message boards

Allens from NC, IN, KY

Allens from NC, IN, KY

Nancy Caudill (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ALLEN, MCCRACKEN, LOFTIN
Searching for parents of Joseph Allen born in Craven Co. NC in 1700's and married a Martha. Their known children were Shadrack, John, Joseph, Thomas and Benjamin. Their son Shadrack married Frances Loftin and migrated to Carrol Co. VA. Their son, Shadrack, married Nancy McCracken and moved to Orange Co. IN. Looking for info on Allens all listed states. Thanks in advance. Nancy Caudill

Allens from NC,IN,KY.

Posted: 16 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2002 6:12AM GMT
Surnames: Allen, McCorkhill
Nancy,
Thanks for answering my posting.Ddo you have any birth dates on Shadrack,John,Thomas and Benjamin?I will let you know if I find anything on them.Glad you will do the same
for me.
Judy

Thomas Allen

Nancy Caudill (View posts)
Surnames: ALLEN
Hi, I'm not sure what or who led Shadrack and Nancy to Orange Co. IN from VA. There is always the question of why there? Thomas may have already settled in IN and influenced the move of Shadrack...I don't really know. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a connection yet...If I find one I would be glad to let you know..Nancy

Allens from NC,IN.KY.

Edited: 20 Sep 2002 6:12AM GMT
Surnames: ALLEN, MCCORKHILL
Nancy,
My 3rd.gr-grandfather was Thomas Allen,married Nancy McCorkhill,7 Dec.1818 in Switzerland Co.In.Could this be your Thomas Allen?I have been unable to find Thomas Parents
Or his birth date.
Judy

Joseph Allen

Posted: 23 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2003 6:10PM GMT
Surnames: Joseph Allen
I am seeking info on Joseph Allen born 1839, married to Annie Barbee in Alamance Co.N.C. He is my grandfather but have no other info. Would like to know parents, siblings. Don't know birthplace,but do know my daddy was born Rockingham Co. N.C. 1889.

Shadrack Allen

Posted: 10 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Sep 2002 1:23AM GMT
Surnames: Allen

Did Shadrack Allen who went to Orange Co., IN ever live in Buncombe Co., NC, and if so, was he related to Daniel Allen, b c1756? Do you have ages of John and Joseph, brothers of Shadrack? I have a John, b c1780, and Joseph, b.c1778-82, who married Turner sisters. They lived in Buncombe and Yancey Counties, NC. Any help appreciated.
Joyce

McCorkhill Surname

Posted: 28 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2002 2:38AM GMT
Surnames: McCorkhill, McCorkill
I am trying to trace the McCorkhill, or McCorkill, surname beyond my great great grandfather. He died in Hamilton County, OH in 1840. I believe he may have had a brother named William who also lived in Hamilton County. It is possible they came from Kentucky or North Carolina.

Allen's in NC of 1700's

A. Alexander Allen (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Allen, Ecklin, Pearce, Snoad, Grist
My family came to Shelby Co., TN in 1835 from Beaufort Co., NC. Thomas Allen (1787-1848) was the head of this group. He was the son of Watler Allen (b. c1762) who married Jemina Pearce (b. 1765). Walter's father was John Allen (b. c1742). My family believes that John had brothers Joseph and Shadrack but we have no proof. We further believe that their father was named John Allen but we know nothing else about him such as where he was born, etc. We know the family owed land in Beaufort, Craven, Hyde, and Pitt Counties during the 1700's. If you could provide any further information it would be greatly appreciated. We have some names of other Allen researchers that you may wish to contact as well. Thank you, AAA

Re: McCorkhill Surname

Posted: 16 Jan 2004 3:38AM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2006 1:48AM GMT
Sounds like we very likely are connected. My great grandfather was Thomas McCorkill, born in Hamilton County, Ohioin 1840.

Contact me directly and we will see what we have.

Re: Allens from NC, IN, KY

Posted: 31 Jan 2006 7:33PM GMT
The parents of Joseph were Zachariah Allen and Martha UNK. This is all I know for now, but I will let you know if I find more.

Thomas is my ancestor. He married Elizabeth Bethell.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions