Search for content in message boards

Vigil Surname in Socorro County

Vigil Surname in Socorro County

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 5:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
My name is John R. Vigil and I am researching the Vigil surname in and around Socorro County. My father (Flavio J) and grandfather (Flavio R.) were born in San Antonio. Specifically, I am looking for information on an Escipula or Escipulas Vigil born around 1815 and married to a Josepha Pino.

Re: Vigil Surname in Socorro County

Posted: 27 Oct 2011 9:40PM GMT
Have you checked FamilySearch.org (the enhanced site not the old one)? There is a marriage record for Esquipula Vigil to Maria Josefa Pino, married 10 Feb 1845, San Miguel, Socorro, Socorro County, NM. The record says her father & mother are Vincente Pino & Maria Delores Baca. I also saw census records on the same website for Esquipula Vigil & family. You didn't specify what info you were looking for on this person, so hope this helps.

Posted: 27 Oct 2011 9:51PM GMT
I just noticed that someone has posted a family tree of your family line, on FamilySearch.org as well--look for the "Pedro Manuel Vigil" tree. It shows he was Christened 1 May 1784, La Canada, Rio Arriba, NM., and shows his parents and spouses, etc.

Posted: 27 Oct 2011 10:32PM GMT
Thank you for the information. My problem is trying to connect the link between Pedro Vigil who was born in La Canada to Esquipila Vigil who married Maria Josefa Pino. There are references to two Esquipila Vigils both born about the same time, i.e. 1816, but one was born in Rio Arriba and I cannot find reference as to wheere the one in Socorro was born. The inference would be that Esquipula migrated south to Socorro County and he is the same one; however, there is one reference that says that the Esquipula born in Rio Arriba, had a wife by a different name. So my problem is that from the historical records, I cannot find out who the parents of the Esquipula in Socorro is, so I cannot connect the dots from my family to Pedro Vigil.

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 1:51AM GMT
Hi, Perhaps I can help with your query. I am directly related to Esquipula Vigil and Ma Josefa Pino. May I ask how exactly you are related to them? Regards, Grace
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions