Search for content in message boards

JOHNSON FAMILY

JOHNSON FAMILY

Posted: 15 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jun 2003 12:08AM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Riner, Pucket, Lewis
I have a lot of different surnames in Virginia.
Zadoc Johnson was referred to by Mr. John Perry Salderman in his book about the early families who settled in the area which is now Carroll County. "Carroll 1765-1815: The Settlements.

Zadoc's son Joseph born Mid 1700's in Patrick CO. VA. died 1825/1826 in Grayson CO. VA. Joseph was married to a Mary--?

Joseph's son Levi Johnson boen 1780 to 1790 in VA. married 6 Mar 1813 to Elizabeth (Betsy) Lewis born 1793.

Levi's son Joseph M.(Madison) Johnson born 1828 married Nancy--? born 1834.

Joseph M. Johnson's son Samuel Huston Johnson born 1857 married Margaret (Maggie) An Riner daughter of George W. Riner born 1824 in Surry City, NC and Jane Pucket or Puckett born 1823 Russell CO. VA.

Joseph's son George Washington Johnson born 30 May 1884 in Lebanon, Russell CO. VA. my grandfather, died in Springfield, Greene CO. MO.

If any of these individuals are related to you, I would like to hear from you.
Thank you for reading this long message.
Diana

Lewis Family

Posted: 25 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2003 12:08AM GMT
Surnames: Lewis, Johnson, Coleman
Elizabeth (Betsy) Lewis who married Levi Johnson March 6, 1813, in Grayson CO., VA. daughter of Charles Howell Lewis and Betsy Coleman. Elizabeth was born 1793, Wythe CO., VA. and died April 1, 1873, Russell CO. Virginia.
Sorry these are the only Lewis individuals in our family.
Elizabeth is the only child of Charles and Betsy I have.
Diana

Lewis Family..Demarcus aka Marcus

Maryan Handy (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Anglin, Lewis, Merritt, Ayers, Theodore, Hanner, Blackburn
My grandmother was Joanna Corina Lewis. Her father was Marcus Lewis b. abt 1815 m. Anna or Ivine or Rena about 1842
they had 9 children per the 1860 census of Patrick County.
They were gone on the 1870 census. If you find a pos. connection please contact me. Thanks.

Lewis family

Maryan Handy (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Anglin, Lewis, Hanner, Blackburn, Wilkins, Handy
Thanks for your reply Dianna and I will keep Elizabeth and Charles in mind if I run accross a connection.

Re: Lewis Family..Demarcus aka Marcus

Posted: 4 Mar 2007 6:12PM GMT
My husband was from that family of Lewis'. Joanna had a brother named William King Lewis which is our connection. Deverous Marquis (he had many spellings of his name) and 2 of his sons, William, Robert and Martin moved to the northwest in about 1892.
My research shows that she died in 1947 and is buried at the cemetery at the Mayo Baptist church on Penn Store Road in Patrick County, Va.
A very good researcher is Norma Lewis Thomas at norma@swva.net. It has been a long time since I spoke to her. Hopefully this is the correct email for her

Posted: 5 Mar 2007 1:00AM GMT
My grandmother was Joanna Lewis Anglin. I have pictures of her when she was young (maybe 20) and one when she was old
(in her 80's)

Posted: 5 Mar 2007 4:20AM GMT
Joanna would have been William King younger sister. He was born in 1846 and she in 1859. I would love to have copies of the pictures that you have of Joanna. I have not found photos of any of the other family
William King and wife Susan Barnes; Robert Myra and his wife Naomi Barnes Carter; Martin Luther, unmarried and the parents D.M. and Arrenia Irena Clifton, his wife, all moved to the area of Palouse, Washington in about 1892.
D.M. and wife are buried in the Burns, Oregon cemetery
Wm. and Susan; Robert and Naomi are buried in the Palouse, Wa cemetery

Posted: 5 Mar 2007 4:01PM GMT
I would be glad to share the pic. with you. Just tell me how to do it....due to puter crash I lost all my Fam. Tree and so I could scan to snail mail. I may have other things but all is on paper unorganized.

Posted: 6 Mar 2007 10:28PM GMT
I would love to have the pictures and anything relating to the Lewis line. Your line would be great to have and any info you might want to share. Is there any of my info that you might still need or want.
I understand about the computer burps myself....
Thank you so very much
Mail to
Lynne Burrows
711 16th Street
Clarkston, Wa 99403

Re: JOHNSON FAMILY

Posted: 2 Jun 2011 5:03PM GMT
Yes, I am related to the Johnson family; My Grandmother was Janie Johnson Wampler orginally from Sullivan County TN; her Father was Levi J. Johnson orig from Carroll County, VA; his father was Reziah, also from Carroll County, and whose father was Jabez Johnson, whose father was Joseph and his father was Zadok
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions