Search for content in message boards

Col. John DeLong - War of 1812

Col. John DeLong - War of 1812

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2004 9:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a copy of a page from the "Index to the Grave Records of Servicemen of the War of 1812 State of Ohio" compiled in 1988 by the Ohio Society United States Daughters of 1812.

It states on pg. 59 that John DeLong, Col., Field & Staff, 1st Regt. OH Mil.; bur. Hill's Corners or Salem Cem.; O.R.; (1954).

My first thought was that this was MY ancestor Colonel John DeLong,, but all sources have led me to believe that he is buried at a catholic cemetery in Noble Co., OH.

Does anyone have a clue as to where "HILL'S CORNERS or SALEM CEMETERY is?

Karen

Re: Col. John DeLong - War of 1812

Posted: 16 Feb 2005 9:16AM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2006 3:20AM GMT
Surnames: col.john delong

this is my 5th great grandfather i am just trying to find information about him all the family history i have starts with his son john francis delong i know he died in Beaver township in noble county and is buried in a catholic cemetary near Batesville Ohio. He was born on 4/27/1802 died 9/7/1873
if this is any help to you

Barbara Dailey
badail2664@aol.com

David Ellis-Anwyl (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2005 4:20AM GMT
One hint maybe that Salem Cemetery is in Ameliasburgh, Prince Edward Co., Ontario, Canada and there are a lot of Delongs burried in it in the early 1800's..

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2005 7:40PM GMT
In response to Barbara Dailey, it is always MOST exciting to hear from another descendant of Col. John Francis DeLong (Sr.). I descend from his son George, but am most interested in information on any of the other children also. If you are interested in exchanging info, let me know and I'll get busy putting together some data for you. One question I have right off the bat for you, regarding the Colonel's son, your ancestor John Francis DeLong, Jr. --- so far I've learned that he was born April 27, 1802 but no firm info as to whether he was born in Ohio, Pennsylvania, or Maryland. Do you know?

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2005 7:46PM GMT
In answer to David Ellis-Anwyl, I have to say that I would never have thought of Salem Cemetery being in Ontario. Since Col. John died in 1840 and has an Ohio will leaving his estate to his wife Sarah, it seems doubtful that he would have been buried in Canada. But, I'll do a little research on Prince Edward County and see what I find. Thanks for the info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic