Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Edward Dyer (1799-1867)

Descendants of Edward Dyer (1799-1867)

Horace Beach, Ph.D. (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2000 10:24AM GMT
Wanting to connect with descendants of Edward Dyer (1799-1867) and Catherine "Katy" Danley (Danely) (1794-1871) of Greene County, Indiana. Some children: Albert, Alfred, Andrew, Armstead, David, James Madison, Jerome, Thomas Jefferson, and Serena. I am a descendant of David Dyer (c.1825-1892) and Mary Ann Messick (c.1823-1896) through their daughter Catherine "Kitty," who married Philemon Theodore Beach. David and family ultimately ventured to Texas, where they are buried in Luling, TX. I am looking for any photos of my branch of the Dyer family from Edward down: David, Mary Ann, or daughters Kitty and Johanna "Josie."

Nelson Dyer

Posted: 6 Sep 2000 6:33PM GMT
Edited: 6 Oct 2001 5:49PM GMT
Are any of these listed the parent of Nelson Dyer born in the mid 1860's Married to Caroline Merickel Dyer?

Edward Dyer Family

Brett Washam (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2000 9:02PM GMT
Hello. I am trying to track information down about my family and I do believe that I might have found it tonight. Edward and Catherine Dyer's son Albert Dyer had a son named Thomas C Dyer. I am still trying to track down info on this to verify, however, Thomas C Dyer was born at the same time my great-great grandfather was and the same area. Thomas Canada Dyer was my great-great grandfather who moved to Oklahoma and started a family here.

Nelson Dyer?

Posted: 8 Sep 2000 1:20PM GMT
I could not find a Nelson Dyer in my records, nor a Caroline Merickel Dyer. The children of my Edward Dyer were all born in the 1820s and 30s. If Nelson was born in the 1860s, I guess he could be a grandchild of Edward--but I have no such information.

Descendants of Edward Dyer

Posted: 8 Sep 2000 1:32PM GMT
Sounds like you're on the right track. I have a lot of information on our Dyer family, but no photos of them--would love to know what they looked like!

Thomas Canada Dyer

Posted: 8 Sep 2000 5:55PM GMT
I would be interested in seeing what you have if anything on Thomas Canada Dyer or Thomas C Dyer born in 1871

Thomas C. and Albert Dyer

Posted: 11 Sep 2000 7:45PM GMT
I have no data on a Thomas C. Dyer. For Albert Dyer, I have the following: born ca.1837 Greene CO., IN; married 17 May 1858 Owen CO., IN to: Theressa [sic] Jackson ( - ); died 17 May 1866 Owen CO., IN; buried: Hicks Cemetery, Owen CO.,IN. Hmm . . . could the date of birth you have for your Thomas C. be incorrect? I continue to hope that I can someday find photos of my Dyer ancestors.

Thomas C Dyer and Albert Dyer

Posted: 12 Sep 2000 9:17PM GMT
I have information that Albert Dyer remarried to a Delia Ann McIntosh (b Sep 14, 1837 in IN) they were married May 13, 1860. in Greene Co. IN. The information I have from there is they had 4 children, William Dyer b abt 1867, Shurley Edward Dyer b Feb 22, 1867, Thomas C Dyer Jan 27 1871 and Ulysses S Dyer Aug 19, 1874. I got this information from someone else so I only have that information and it is not been verified. However, right now I am looking for any leads to go on. I hope this helps you as well. At this point I am just trying to verify if Thomas C Dyer son of Albert Dyer is my great-great grandfather. I don't know where to go from here if he is not.

Descendants of Edward Dyer--Albert Dyer

Posted: 13 Sep 2000 2:26PM GMT
Hmm . . . this is interesting, as several other siblings of Albert married members of the McIntosh family. Your information implies that Albert did not die in 1866-a check of Hicks Cemetery in Owen Co. might yield another death date. Keep us informed of your findings-maybe our postings will draw the attention of other descendants of Edward Dyer.

Re: Descendants of Edward Dyer (1799-1867)

Trudy Dyar-Sims (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 2003 4:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I was noticing your message and wondered you have a Albert and Alfred in your line. My great grandfather was Alfred or Albert born in Indiana they tell me. He was married to a Effie helton and had a son Earl Lee Dyar is that in your line of family? Trudy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions