Search for content in message boards

English family, passengers on Annabella, shipwrecked off Prince Edward Island, 1770

English family, passengers on Annabella, shipwrecked off Prince Edward Island, 1770

Posted: 16 Jan 2001 9:24AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:06AM GMT
Descendent of MacNeills on same ship as the English, Taylors, Ramsays, MacKendricks, MacKays....several intermarried. Searching for descendents of the English family that knows the story of the Annabella. Will share what I have. You may email me at:
tspear@flash.net

English family on Annabella, 1770

Posted: 3 Mar 2001 9:03PM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2004 7:02PM GMT
I have this from rootsweb. com/genbbs.cgi/Scotland/Argyll/4178:
"...The passenger list for the Annabella, shipping out of Campbelltown, Aryllshire, in 1770, included the following passenger surnames: Ramsay, MacGougan, MacLean, MacKendrick, MacKelvie, Hendry, Montgomery, MacIntosh, Campbell, MacArthur, Carr, MacNeill, MacLellan, MacIssac, MacMillan, Matthews, Stewart, Mountain, Heywood, MacKay, Murphy, Inglis, English, Allanby, MacDougall, Sinclair. Sixty families shipped out, so this is only a partial list. Maclcolm MacNeill and wife Elizabeth Campbell, children: James, Charles, Ann or Agnes (born 1768 in Kintyre)... James Woodside & Wife, Anne Love... Laughlin MacKendrick & Rachel Gailbraith, children, Donald & Janet and one more childe... Donald Taylor, Sr, wife, Maureen McBride, children: Donald Taylor, Jr. and another son and three daughters at least....", etc. You probably already have this. I believe I may be descended on my mother's side from the Englishes mentioned here. Family history as I have it is, my mother Maybelle English (Webb), her sisters Nellie Edna English, Myrtle Stancil English, Annie Alice English, Clementine English, and Mary Loretta English, and brother Richard Quincy English, all born in Illinois and Texas. Father was James Peter English, Mother was Mamie Stancil, married at Cairo Illinois, Alexander County 05/23/1894. His father, listed in unverified family records, was John English, born Prince Edwards Island (no date)along with sisters Ann and Mary Ann English, and brother Edward English. Their father Richard English and Motehr, Ann Carew. If you can verify or add anything to this I would greatly appreciate. Best regards. Joseph Webb
Posted: 3 Mar 2001 9:13PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:06AM GMT
Sorry, Joseph, I wish I could help you out, but as for now I have no English family members who married into my line...but then I'm still missing quite a few names of those married to MacNeills...the MacNeills did marry into the families of Taylor, Ramsay, and several others that were purported to have been on the Annabella...they seemed to settle in the same area of PEI. I wish I could be of more assistance to you then this. Terry

Re: English family, passengers on Annabella, shipwrecked off Prince Edward Island, 1770

Posted: 5 Feb 2008 2:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Would like to exchange some notes about names and notes of Englishes.... not sure if this could be my lineage.
Ginna

Re: English family, passengers on Annabella, shipwrecked off Prince Edward Island, 1770

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 2:16PM GMT
Greetings !

I am descended from James and Anna English, married in Prince Edward Island, 1840*s. They then moved to New Brunswick. My English family had land grants in NB, about 1817, and were from Ballyshannon, Ireland. Get back to me, if connected ! My personal email is frontierchaserle@yahoo.com

cheers !

Re: English family on Annabella, 1770

Posted: 22 Jul 2008 4:03AM GMT
Surnames: English
Dear Mr. Webb;
I read your recent post concerning your believed connection between the Webb and English families. I do not know your family line, but I may have a more recent connection to offer you. However, the first names do not match up with any you have mentioned. The connection to which I refer is a marriage which occurred in Wisconsin between LAURA LAVASTA WEBB b: 1837 in Watson, New York (daughter of Joseph Webb and Laura Benjamin) AND ISAAC ENGLISH b:1814 Suffolkshire, England (son of John English and Elizabeth Godfrey). If this information matches anything you have, please contact me. I do have a DNA site started...listed under the "ENGLISH" group, but I am not sure how all of this works as of yet and we do not have the DNA results back yet to compare with anyone. We are waiting to see what the 46 marker test tells us. I would be interested in finding out more about the ship the Annabella and the information you have. Sincerely, D & J English
per page

Find a board about a specific topic