Search for content in message boards

Lookup York Co., newspaper obituary/cemetery lookup

Lookup York Co., newspaper obituary/cemetery lookup

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 1:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nelson, Burley
I have finally located a gg aunt, one who it was supposed had come to Canada but until just recently, couldn't be confirmed nor could she be located.
Isabelle (Nelson) Burley is buried in St. John's Norway Cemetery in Toronto according to her death certificate although there doesn't seem to be a record of her buried there. If someone has access to a transcription for this cemetery, would you mind taking a look to see if she is recorded in what info you have at your disposal. Further, she died Nov 21, 1931. If anyone has access to newspaper obituaries, would you mind having a look to see if there was ever one published for her.
I would really appreciate any help in learning a little more about Isabelle. Thank you for your time!

Re: Lookup York Co., newspaper obituary/cemetery lookup

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 6:30PM GMT
You might phone the cemetery
but it is a holiday today.

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 4:21AM GMT
I have the transcript and I didn't find her on it using both surnames. That doesn't mean she isn't buried there only people with gravestones are on the transcript so she could be there. I'll check the two papers for Toronto that I can access through the library if there is no obit there it might be in the Toronto Telegram which can only be access through microfilm at the Library.

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 12:40PM GMT
Surnames: Nelson, Burley
Thank you so much for your help. I had found a cemetery list online, with no mention of her but had to wonder if it was complete. I appreciate you taking the time to look at your transcript of the cemetery. This Isabelle has been a real mystery. The only thing family has ever passed down about her was that she was known as the "black sheep" of the family and it was thought she had immigrated to Canada at some point. It was just this past couple weeks I learned more, which led me to her marrying an Edwin Burley in 1899, Toronto, then on to her death certificate. Still a lot of questions to answer about Isabelle. She did have a daughter out of wedlock in Scotland who I still have to relocate. Again, thank you for your help. I really do appreciate your time very much.

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 7:37PM GMT
Hi there,

I don't know if you remember me but we have exchanged emails before. I found some articles for your father in law about a street car accident.

I have found something about Isabelle that will help you. Do you still have the same email address? Send me a private message if it has changed.

Nancy

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 8:27PM GMT
Hi Nancy,

Yes, I do remember you!! And yes, email still the same. Thank you so so much for remembering me.

Email whenever your ready!!

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 9:16PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2013 9:30PM GMT
Hi

I just sent the email to the address I had. Will you let me know that you got it okay please. I also forgot to attach the information from the St John's Norway transcripts I have. If you want that let me know. It says the same as what the grave stone says.

Nancy

ISABELLE BURLEY m BURLEY, ONT

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 12:06PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 17 Mar 2013 12:10PM GMT
Surnames: BURLEY, NELSON, SMITH, RICHARDSON
Name: Isabelle Burley
OF 94 ARUNDEL AVE
WIDOW
DOB UNKNOWN
3 MTHS @ PLACE OF DEATH
50 YEARS IN CANADA
Death Date: 21 Nov 1931
EAST GENERAL HOSPITAL OF MYCARDITIS
Death County or District: York
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1866
Birth Location: Scotland
FATHER - NELSON B SCOTLAND
MOTHER NOT KNOWN
INFORMANT: MRS WM PAULLES - A FRIEND
BURIAL ST. JOHN'S. NORWAY 24 NOV 1931

Name: George Edwin Burley
Death Date: 3 Oct 1924
Death County or District: York
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1871
Birth Location: England
INFORMANT: BROTHER WILLIAM
BURIAL ST JOHNS

Name: Edwin Burley
Birth Place: England
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1871
Father Name: Charles Burley
Mother Name: Nicholas Richardson
Spouse Name: Isabella Nelson
Spouse's Age: 26
Spouse Birth Year: abt 1873
Spouse Birth Place: Scotland
Spouse Father Name: Peter Nelson
Spouse Mother Name: Ellen Smith
Marriage Date: 19 Apr 1899
Marriage County or District: York

Re: ISABELLE BURLEY m BURLEY, ONT

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 1:46AM GMT
Surnames: BURLEY, RICHARDSON
The mother's name on the birth of Edwin should be Mahala Richardson.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions