Search for content in message boards

Heim/Funkhouser/Heidocker Families from Tirol

Heim/Funkhouser/Heidocker Families from Tirol

Posted: 9 Oct 2001 10:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Oct 2003 11:39PM GMT
Surnames: Heim-Funkhouser-Heidocker
I am looking for any information about any of these families. My gr grmother was Mary Heim Funkhouser. She emigrated from Austria in Sept., 1882 and settled in W PA. Her father was John Heim, who may have already left for the states and she had sibs (Sophia) who remained in Tirol for a few more years.
Aboard the same ship (according to the story) was Mary's future husband Fred Funkhouser. Fred was originally a Heidocker who was adopted by a Mathias Funkhouser.( His mother's name was Mary) He also had a brother named Fred, a sister Anna, a sister Katherin and there may have been 2 sibs who were priests. I have old pictures of these people that were take in Tirol (Zell am Ziller by photographer Joh. Gredler) (Innsbruk by photographer August Wilcke and others. The pictures are about the size of a playing card and appear to have been popular in the late 1800's.
Mary was born 12/8/1875. John Heim (father) was born in 1844. His father's name was Joseph Heim. Other Heim children: Sufennia, Joseph, Fred, Tressie, John, Frank, Ralph, Charles. I believe the last 3 or 4 were born in the US possibly to John Heim and Elizabeth Korona Wade.
Any information, ideas, is greatly appreciated.

Re: Heim/Funkhouser/Heidocker Families from Tirol

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 3:50PM GMT
My great grandmother was also Mary Heim Funkhouser. My grandmother was Amanda FunkhouserFerguson. My mother was Anna Ferguson Graham. Thanks for all the info you posted on this board. I am now researching as much as I can about my family's background. This must mean that we are second cousins!

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 4:52PM GMT
Hi!!
We definitely are cousins and I fondly remember Aunt Amanda--- she and "little gramma " lived together near north Washington.
My mom is Anna Louise Pizer Weries, daughter of Mary Funkhouser Pizer , daughter of Mary Heim Funhouser.
I will need to figure out where I have that PDF file and will send it---we have family traced back to the 1600's ...years ago someone in Tirol sent it to me...

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 5:04PM GMT
Surnames: Heim, Haim
Hi!
I´m the "someone" from Tirol.

Maybe I can find the data I´ve sent years ago.

Please contact me

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 5:52PM GMT
Josef!!!
You are the one I have been do grateful to and you spurred by research way before Ancestry.com made it easier...
You sent me a PDF file on the John Heim famile (born in 1844 in Tux in the zillertal region) and also information from church records on the Fankhauser (Funkhouser) family --- from that information I found out that my great grandmother, Mary Heim , was older than she thought.
I have so appreciated your act of kindness all these years --I believe I have a copy of the file but I am at work right now --
Kathy W

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 8:00PM GMT
Hi Kathy!

Sorry, I cannot find the old pdf-files I´ve sent long years ago.

But I have other good news:

About 2014 it is planned that everyone can look for the church records of Tyrol ONLINE!

Josef

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 9:24PM GMT
That will be wonderful--I still have the PDF file and I also have it on paper :)
It is so nice to hear from you again!
I will be looking forward to more information and I am impressed that the church records will be online.
Thanks again,
Kathy

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 9:41PM GMT
Thanks Josef for all your help. Kathy has posted that she does have the pdf file you sent her. I am just so excited and grateful.

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 9:43PM GMT
Thanks my cousin! I am so grateful and excited about the information you have. I am with 3 of my 4 brothers now for our annual brothers reunion. They too are very excited.I am new to this message board. How can I get that file from you?

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 10:00PM GMT
I will try to find and post it tonight..
If I cannot do that I will ask for your email and sent it directly !!
I will let my mom know; she is the last surviving member of her family and a wealth of family history.
I also remember Aunt manda making a banana & graham cracker desert that was amazing!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic