Search for content in message boards

Descendents of Slave of William Copeland Sr. Harris County, GA

Descendents of Slave of William Copeland Sr. Harris County, GA

Posted: 10 May 2009 10:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Copeland
I am looking for people whose roots go back to the slaves of the family of William Copeland Sr. who died in Harris County, GA in 1859. My 2nd great-grandfathers were sold as boys away from their families upon the death of the patriarch. I would like to find the descendents of my grandfather's parents or their brothers and sisters. I am hoping that that someone out there shares the same oral history. I have a copy of the will of William Copeland Sr. and his inventory which provides the name, age, and value of some of his slaves. I can share that with anyone interested.

Re: Descendents of Slave of William Copeland Sr. Harris County, GA

Posted: 11 May 2009 12:38PM GMT
Hi Tori, I am not related, but would appreciate your list, as it might help others looking for this info on their family. Thank you, and Good luck, Vidia

Posted: 15 Aug 2009 3:57PM GMT
Surnames: Hayes, Mulligan, Dowling/Dooling/Dugan, Riley or O'Reilly, Monahan, Raymo, Theriault, Goodreau, Mullavey, Burns, McGee, Travers/Trainor, McShead, McNames
If I may have a copy of the list I would appreciate it too.
Respectfully

Posted: 16 Aug 2009 2:13PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
in the 1850 Census - Slave Schedules:

There are 50 slaves to William Copeland of Dowdells, Harris, Georgia, listed by age from 1 to 67 and by male or female so, no help there

Posted: 10 Dec 2009 3:40AM GMT
I think you provided the will that I received. I know my great-great grandmother was on that plantation. Her name was Eliza Copeland. Her Children (Lewis copeland, Scott copeland, james copeland, chaney copeland, James copeland, chaney copeland, spencer copeland and margaret copeland. Scott Copeland was my great grandfather.

Please let me know if this helps.

Posted: 30 Jan 2010 12:16PM GMT
Hello

I do not know all of the people in my family please let me knoe what your web site is and if I find anything I will let you know

Posted: 21 Jul 2010 5:47PM GMT
Surnames: Granberry
My great grandfather was a slave in Harris County GA. Are there any Granberry's on the list. Thanks.

Posted: 10 Aug 2010 11:03PM GMT
There were no Granberries on the list. It could be a chosen surname. What are the first names of your ancestors?

Posted: 10 Aug 2010 11:13PM GMT
Aaron, Miles or Myles, Louis or Lewis, and Amanda.

Thanks

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 2:46PM GMT
Scott Copeland was my grandfather. He had 3 children (Scott Copeland Jr., Raymond Copeland, and Sue Ann Copeland). Raymond Copeland was my father. Thanks for providing this information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic