Search for content in message boards

Places to go to research in Socorro

Places to go to research in Socorro

Posted: 21 Mar 2012 6:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: pino
Hello! I will be in Socorro county next week and I am trying to find places to go to research genealogy there. I was hoping someone here would know of some locations to try. I am just starting this whole process and I honestly do not know where to begin - I'm a newbie!

If anyone has any leads, I have info up to 1890 census but with out birth, marriage, death cirts its hard to find the maiden names and I want to be able to actually pull records.

Thanks to everyone and anyone that can help me out. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome!

Thank you!

Re: Places to go to research in Socorro

Posted: 23 Mar 2012 5:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
In the town of Socorro try the county clerk's office and the LDS family history center, which according to the LDS website is open only a couple of hours each Wednesday. You might stop by the local newspaper and ask what they might have. Most of my research has been on Socorro County was done out of Albuqueque, when I lived there many years back. In Albuqueque you have more LDS family history centers that are open longer, the UNM Zimmerman library, and the NM Genealogical Society, all with extensive records for Socorro County. I can't give further advice without knowing exactly what records your looking for. Good Luck.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions