Search for content in message boards

Ancestors of John, William or Ica Atkins ca. 1720-1740

Ancestors of John, William or Ica Atkins ca. 1720-1740

Posted: 21 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Aug 2001 8:36PM GMT
Surnames: Atkins, Hutchens
Searching for ancestors of John Atkins b. 1723 Surry Co. VA d. 1791 Wake Co. NC m. Elizabeth Hutchens 1743 in Surry Co. ; William Atkins b. ca 1730 Surry Co. VA, d. 1825 Wake Co. NC; Ica Atkins, b.1730 (?) Surry Co. VA, d. 1796 Cumberland Co., NC m. Nancy Anne Hutchens, possibly sister of Elizabeth.
All began petioning for land in NC beginning in 1748 and moved to Wake Co. some time before 1775.

Re: Ancestors of John, William or Ica Atkins ca. 1720-1740

Marie Atkins Hurd (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2002 11:57PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: John & Lewis Atkins
I am also searching my Ancestor's Line. Apparently it is the same line as yours.

I am trying to find if Ica, John & Lewis, born April 10, 1756 in Prince Edward Co, VA. Which, I am the descendant of.

Please e-mail me directly if you would like to compare notes.

Thanks

Marie

Hunter Atkins (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2002 1:25AM GMT
Marie,
Marie,
I have some dates from DAR records for John et al. There are several generations of Johns, Williams, Lewis and especially Icas who I suspect all came from SE Va below the James; Prince Edward, Isle of Wight, Southampton, and especially Surry counties. It would have to be Surry Co. VA to coincide with the dates you mentioned because Surry Co. NC wasn't formed until much later.
I don't have as much time as I would like to spend on this these days but will gladly send you what I can.

Posted: 12 Feb 2002 3:28PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: John Atkins & family
Good Morning:

I am shocked that I got your return message, as that is an
old e-mail address. We moved over a year ago.

Yes I would love it very much, if you could just make copies of the ones you have & mail it to me, I could go over it & get back with you on anything particular & not keep bothering you, since you don't have alot of time right now. I am descended from Ica, John, Lewis, R.S. Daniel Lewis, & Geo.
My new e-mail address is:
mhurd@jackpine.com.
Send me your e-mail address & I will send you my snail mail address.
Thanking You in Advance for all of your bother. Maybe we can help each other a little.

Thanks Again,

Marie Atkins Hurd

Posted: 12 Apr 2002 1:17AM GMT
We have been trying to find the ancestors for Marie Atkins who we believe was born in PA in 1789. Do you have any information on her or her line?

Hunter B. Atkins (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2002 1:42PM GMT
Surnames: Atkins
I haven't run across this name in my research. I have been concentrating on the counties of Southeastern/Tidewater/ Jamestown area of Virginia as it seems that many Atkins immigrated there in the 1600's & early 1700's. These counties include Surry, Southampton, Isle of Wight, Sussex, Mecklenberg, among otheres. My NC ancestor can be traced back to there but I have not been able to make a direct connection to one particular family.
It is quite possible your Marie's father was an Atkins from this area. I have come across at least 30-40 different Atkins who immigrated to this part of Virginia during this period.

Posted: 12 Jun 2013 9:12PM GMT
Surnames: Atkins
Carole Atkins Smith, Chatham Co,NC Great-grand of John Atkins and Elizabeth Hutchens, Wake Co.,NC Distant cousin of Hunter.
email: carolesmithpinehill@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions