Search for content in message boards

Thomas Llewellyn of Aberdare, Glamorgan

Thomas Llewellyn of Aberdare, Glamorgan

Posted: 13 Dec 2008 3:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for Thomas Llewellyn. Married Mary. Seven children: Thomas (b. 1832), John William (b. 1836), Gwenllian (b.c.1840),Lewis (b.c.1843), David (b.c.1846), Edward (b.c.1849)and Margaret (b.c.1850). All born in Wales (Glamorgan, probably near Neath, Aberdare) John W. married Margaret Ann Williams also of Aberdare. John came to US in 1862. Settled in Mineral Ridge, Trumbull Co., Ohio. Served in Union Army 1864-65.

Re: Thomas Llewellyn of Aberdare, Glamorgan

Posted: 13 Dec 2008 6:36PM GMT
Surnames: Llewellyn
Did your Thomas have a brother named David who immigrated to Ohio earlier?

I'm thinking that My David, My gg grandfather is related. I have found several leads that take me to Mineral Ridge and I found in David's Obit that he had a brother named Thomas. From records I have found, I think that he came from Glamorgan, but I have no real proof.

My David lived in Cleveland for awhile, had a son William Evan and ended up in Dover, OH.

He became a US citizen in 1860's. He came in 1854.

I'm pulling this stuff out of my head right now because I don't have my information close-by.

If we are connected, I'll dig and see what more I have.

Dodi Wozniak

Matheny, Llewellyn, Stith, Casto, Smoke, Johnson, Schauer/Shower, Dehnen, Kaser, Also-Wozniak, Rasmussen, Lesiak

Posted: 15 Dec 2008 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: Llewellyn, Thomas, Anfield, Eltham, Beadle, Stagg, Banwell and many more all UK
Anybody have a Llewellyn who married a widow called Jane Thomas (nee Williams), she had a daughter, Jane. They all moved to the USA after her husband died (aft 1890) I don't have a name for him, it's just a photo with Mr Llewellyn on it. They married in Wales. Jane (mother) was born in Abadare abt 1844

Posted: 8 Apr 2009 5:23PM GMT
My Thomas Llewellyn married Mary _____ of Aberdare, Glamorgan. Children: Thomas (b.c.1832, Wales), John W. (b. 1836, Aberdare), Gwenllian (b.c.1840, Wales),Lewis (b.c. 1843, Wales), David (b.c. 1846, Wales), Edward (b.c. 1849, Wales) and Margaret (b.c. 1850, Wales). John W. Llewellyn is my g-g-grandfather. He died Nov. 4, 1874 and is buried at Welsh Hill Cemetery in Mineral Ridge, OH. John W. came to the U.S. July 19, 1862 on the steamship Constellation to New York. What else did the Obit say? Mother & father? When John was 14, his family lived on Bute St. in Merthyr Tydfil. Check the 1851 Wales Census (HO 107/2460). If this David arrived in 1854, he would have been about 8 yrs. old, which means he came with family. John would have been 18, maybe he stayed and came later. I don't know. Let me know what you find.
Thanks.

Posted: 11 Oct 2009 9:42AM GMT
Surnames: Llewellyn, Jones, Evans, Lewis
I have a Thomas Lllewellyn married Mary Evans. I have 8 children listed. I have a Mary ? born 11/8/1829. Young Mary is shown on 1841 Census as age 11yrs. 1851 Census, Thomas resided at Bute St, Aberdare. My 2xgg, Nathaniel Jones married Mary Llewellyn on 17/8/1850 at Aberdare.

Posted: 11 Oct 2009 4:16PM GMT
My John Llewellyn (b. 1836) lived with his siblings and parents on Bute St. in Aberdare in the 1851 census (HO 107/2460, bottom of pg. 13). I have seven children born to this John and Margaret Ann Williams. John is my g-g-gf. Was your Thomas (John's older brother) born in 1832? Your Thomas and my John may have been brothers. Let me know.

Posted: 12 Oct 2009 12:34AM GMT
Hi David,
Yes, you are spot on. I have 3 dates of birth that I am pretty sure are correct. Mary, 11/8/1829, Thomas, 8/1/1832 and Gwenllian, 25/3/1840.

Regards,
Richard Casbolt

Posted: 12 Oct 2009 1:36PM GMT
I didnt have Mary, but the rest seem to fit. I'm going to Mineral Ridge, OH on Sunday to do research at the archives offices in Trumbull & Mahoning Counties. I live in NC and go to Ohio once a year for research. Do you know if any of the siblings other than John emigrated to the U.S.? Where are you? Do you have exact DOB for the rest...I only have the year. I'll try to send a picture of John's family in front of their house in Mineral Ridge. John died in 1874, but the rest of the family is in the picture. Lizzie Llewellyn is my grandmother, daughter of unmarried Mariam.

Thanks, David
Attachments:

Posted: 12 Oct 2009 1:46PM GMT
I don't think the names came out on the picture. They are L-R: Lewis Llewellyn, Thomas Llewellyn, David Llewellyn, John Llewellyn, Margaret Ann Williams Llewellyn, Margaret Jane Llewellyn, Mariam Llewellyn, Mary Llewellyn and Elizabeth Jane (Lizzie) Llewellyn. I will be visiting David's granddaughter, Twyla Brown Bronson(age 85), next week, I'll ask about extended family.

David

Posted: 12 Oct 2009 3:15PM GMT
Have tried to contact you but my message keeps bouncing back as no such address. I think our Llewellyn's may be related in some way. Either that or they are just both from Aberdale. First one I have is Richard born in 1790 married to Hannah Rees. 2 sons; David and Joseph. Joseph died as a baby. David married Sarah Ambrose and had 6 children: Joseph, Wm, Richard, Hannah, David and Margaret. My line continues with William. See any connection?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions