Search for content in message boards

Kennedy, Clogh, Castlecomer, Co Kilkenny, Ireland

Kennedy, Clogh, Castlecomer, Co Kilkenny, Ireland

Posted: 21 Mar 2009 5:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Feb 2010 2:37PM GMT
Surnames: Kennedy,
Calling anyone with connections to or information about the Kennedy family from Clogh,a small mining village in north county Kilkenny.The most common first names include Daniel, Richard,James,John,Joseph,George,Michael,Martin,William,Catherine,Bridget,Alice,Julia,Margaret,Mary.Most of my ancestors were miners & I believe many of them emigrated to the US & Scotland.Phil Kennedy,Kilkenny,Republic of Ireland

Re: Kennedy, Clogh, Castlecomer, Co Kilkenny, Ireland

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 11:55AM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2010 2:36PM GMT
Surnames: Comerford, Kennedy
Hi Phil: My Great Great grandmother was Mary Kennedy from Clogh, Co.
Kilkenny. She was married to a collier named Michael Comerford (1832-1875). Their
daughter Julia Comerford b.1861 in Clogh was my Great Grandmother who
immigrated to the US (Bronx NY) in 1884 and married John Mulhall from
Ballinakill, Co.Laois. The only other info I have on my Kennedy ancestors from Clog is another Mary Kennedy who was my Great Grandmother’s cousin and lived in Philadelphia. She was the maid of honor at my Great Grandmother’s wedding in 1885. I visited Clogh a couple of times in the 1980s. It appears to be a very small village, so I don’t know how many Kennedy families were there at the time. I remember searching the graveyard around the church. I would greatly appreciate hearing about your Kennedy line.

Thank you,

Thomas Dean Whiteman
lawhiteman@aol.com

Posted: 20 Jun 2009 2:49PM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2010 2:37PM GMT
Surnames: Kennedy
Hi Thomas, I was delighted to receive your reply.

You are the 3rd 'Kennedy' cousin from the US I've made countact with since I started my Family Tree.

I'm sending you an invitation to the Kennedy Family Tree which I hope you'll accept.

There are numerous Mary Kennedys on my Kennedy Family Tree so I hope your ancestor is among them. My father, Dan Kennedy, believed that all the Kennedys in Clogh were related so I included every Kennedy from Clogh I found in my research.

Clogh website: www.clogh.com

Regards

Phil Kennedy
philkennedy@o2.ie

Posted: 24 Jun 2009 9:59PM GMT
Edited: 16 Feb 2010 2:38PM GMT
Surnames: Comerford, Kennedy
Hi Thomas,
I was delighted you accepted my invitation to view my Family Tree. I thought the Mary Kennedy born in 1830 might well be your ancestor! Julia's bridesmaid might be the Mary Ann Kennedy born in the 1860s - father Frank & mother Kate Comerford - emigrated to the US 1880s. The two Marys might be related through the Kennedys & the Comerfords. Can you confirm your email address as lawhiteman@aol.com - I have tried, without success, to contact you directly at that email address. Regards Phil Kennedy

Posted: 22 Dec 2009 2:27AM GMT
hello,you seem to be very up on info on kennedy lines in ireland, i wonder can you help me please, my gr grandfather martin kennedy born 1847,i was told in dublin, i know he came to england after being in te USA,im looking for info on any relatives of martin, eg sibblings,parents,etc,etc,any info would be gratefully recieved, please email if possible to, shergar48@yahoo.co.uk thankyou sk

Posted: 24 Dec 2009 8:21AM GMT
Hi Shirley

I've sent you 2 emails in reply to your query on Ancestry. However I've been informed by my email provider that the delivery of those emails has been delayed. Could you confirm if you have yet received them , please! Happy Christmas. Phil Kennedy Foley

Posted: 26 Dec 2009 5:03AM GMT
hi phil,im sorry i haventreplied to you sooner, i had a problem with my emailing, im nt too good on a pc, so whilst deleting anemail i by accident clicked on delete all emails,my daughter had to email yahoo for me who rectified the problem for us, im going through my emails but have a lot, i will look for yours and reply, again my apologies, shirley k

Posted: 5 Nov 2010 1:55AM GMT
Hi Thomas, we have Comerfords from castlecomer,im lookinmg for anyone connected to a James Comerford who went to the USA, he married a Kehoe lady, ive no idea just now of James sibblings , Shirley

Posted: 30 Nov 2010 5:08PM GMT
Surnames: Kennedy, Shaw
Hello Phil, my gggrandfather was John Kennedy but I don't know where he was born for definite. His son my g grandfather Francis Joseph Kennedy b Clogh (according to military pension records) abt 1885 m Elizabeth Ann Shaw in Lanchester, Durham, England 1908, they had 11 children. Don't know if this relates to any of your lines? I don't know the name of his spouse or any other offspring. Sorry but as this is one of my "walls" this is all the info I have at the present.

Posted: 1 Dec 2010 7:15PM GMT
Hi, Delighted to hear from you. So far I have only found one Francis Kennedy, born in Clogh. He emigrated to the US. Very interesting that your ancestor was in the Army - a great source of information. My father's 1st cousin was Joseph Kennedy & he had a son Frank ( born about 1960 ). As I'm sure you know the same names keep turning up in Irish families. My father was of the opinion that all the Kennedys in Clogh were related so going on that alone we must be connected. My grandfather had a brother John - don't know much about hiim. If you give me your email address I'll send you an invitation to view my Family Tree - then you can see all the Kennedys I could find in Clogh. I've made contact with a few Kennedy decendants in the US & the UK, who like yourself, only knew their ancestor came from Clogh & had no concrete information. Let's hope we make the connection. Times were tough back in the 1800s. Most people were illiterate & many births/deaths were not recorded. Regards, Phil Kennedy Foley, Kilkenny City, Ireland
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions