Search for content in message boards

Robert Thomson Kerr from Kilwinning

Robert Thomson Kerr from Kilwinning

Posted: 23 Jun 2005 9:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Mar 2006 9:07PM GMT
Hopefully someone from Kilwinning area can help me. A few years back I received a postcard from a chap with the above name that stated he was related. At that time I didn't know that my grandfather had an older brother as his name at birth was not Kerr. This gr uncle had a son born around 1905 with the above name...he lived at 47 Dalry Road, Kilwinning in 1948 when my gr uncle died. The man that sent the postcard was also named Robert Thomson Kerr born 1957 after his grandfather but he was in the process of emigrating to the US at the time and I sent a letter to his address in Scotland asking for more info and that as far as I was aware we were not related but never received a reply so he probably had already departed to the US. My gr uncle's name was George Kerr married to Jane Livingstone. Jane was still alive in 1948 and I have searched the SP and there is no death record for her up to 1954, at the time of his death in 1948 they lived at 23 North St., Dalry. Does anyone recognize this family or give me any ideas how I could find out if there were any other children to George and Jane besides Robert.
Thanks in advance
Karen

Re: Robert Thomson Kerr from Kilwinning

Posted: 29 Dec 2007 8:27PM GMT
Karen
This could have been my brother Robert T Kerr that sent the postcard, he emigrated to Canada a few years back.
Jackie

Posted: 30 Dec 2007 3:14PM GMT
Surnames: Thomson, Baird, Towel (Toal), Douglas(s)
Could your Kerr's be related to a Margaret Thomson and Thomas Baird? That is my line that connects to my Douglas's.

Posted: 31 Dec 2007 2:35PM GMT
Hi Jackie
Since that message was posted in 2005 I have been in touch with Robert T. Kerr and unfortunately we are not related. I have since been corresponding with my gr uncle George's granddaughter.
Regards, Karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions