Search for content in message boards

William Murry

William Murry

Posted: 2 Apr 2011 3:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Murry, McAlpin, Anderson
I am researching my ancestor, William Murry, b. Buncombe Co. NC in 1769, m. Rachel Anderson, B. Buncombe Co. NC in 1769. One of his sons was Abel Vance Murry, b. 1793 in Buncombe Co., m. Salle McAlpin from Georgia. They moved to McNairy Co., TN. One of their sons was Dr. John Young Murry. I cannot go back further than William and would like any assistance that someone may be able to give. (He may have spelled his name "MURRAY" before moving to TN). One of my aunts told me that one of our ancestors taught George Washington Freshman Composition at William and Mary College. Any information will be appreciated.

Re: William Murry

Posted: 18 Jun 2012 3:40AM GMT
Surnames: Murry, Murray, McAlpin, Anderson, Faulkner
You still looking for information referencing William Murry (Murray)? I am also doing much research. William Murry is my 5th great grandfather and Able Vance Murry (which you noted) is my 4th great grandfather. i have tons of info up until the 1769 William Murry but have came to a standstill. Have you found anything since your post over a year ago? Thanks for any info and I will be happy to supply any you may be looking for.

Posted: 18 Jun 2012 3:04PM GMT
I would like to have you come forward with your line to see who else is in my line. As for going back I found a line that I like. From ancestry.com, I came up with the Vaughan Family. All the data I have is taken from them. That will take you back to the 1700's and earler.
William's father was Samuel Murry. William's mother was Elizabeth Rees. Samuel was born 01 June 1739 in Lancaster, Penn. have fun. Dwight

Posted: 18 Jun 2012 3:06PM GMT
I would like to have you come forward with your line to see who else is in my line. As for going back I found a line that I like. From ancestry.com, I came up with the Vaughan Family. All the data I have is taken from them. That will take you back to the 1700's and earler.
William's father was Samuel Murry. William's mother was Elizabeth Rees. Samuel was born 01 June 1739 in Lancaster, Penn. Have fun. Dwight

Posted: 18 Jun 2012 9:38PM GMT
I would be happy to send you some info from my tree. If you shoot me your email address, I can send you a link to my tree and it is pretty detailed on up to william murray b.1769. Which Murry (Murray) line are you from? I have more details from certain grandfathers/uncles/aunts than others but may have some good stuff for you.

Thanks for the reply. Pretty excited to confirm the info you gave me. Will make it a lot easier to get to scotland/england hopefully...

Posted: 18 Jun 2012 11:09PM GMT
My Murry line starts with Emily Virginia Murry. Her father was Dr. John Young Murry. His father was Able Vance Murry. His father was Willam Murry. Emily Virginia Murry was from Tippah County Mississippi. Emily was born Mar. 6, 1854, and died Jan. 14, 1901.

MURRAYS OF CULLODEN TO PA TO BUNCOMBE NEWBERRY NC Re: William Murry & Rachel Anderson Re: William Murry

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 6:03AM GMT
MURRAYS OF CULLODEN TO PA TO BUNCOMBE NEWBERRY NC Re:

William Murry 1767 - 1829 & Rachel Anderson

Dear Murray Clan Researchers -

I am Alexandrina Murray of the Murray Clan DNA Research Project -I am a volunteer Project Administrator. We are currently researching this family and have a number of related Murray kinsmen as members in the project. Apparently there is a possibility that this family is related to the Swatara Murrays of PA and the Robert Murray & wife Ms Lindley who stalled Howe at the Battle of Long Island New York during the revolution via William Murray & Isabella Lindley.

Our current researchers and kinfolk are seeking any relatives named Murray or Murry or Morrow to substantiate the lineage. Any Murrays related to the Murry s of Newberry District Buncombe North Carolina or Murrays of the Swatara near Paxtang Dauphin Co Pennsylvania are invited to join our Murray Clan DNA research project.

You can find more information on how to join here:
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/murray/default.aspx

Our results are here:

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/murray/default.aspx?sect...

Please look for Group 7C in the results data spreadsheet online:

We also have a Facebook page here:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/Murray.Clan.DNA/

Please also contact me anytime regarding information about yDNA & maternal line DNA testing for genealogical purposes.

alexandrina@inbox.com

Alexandrina Noble Murray

Project Administrator

Murray Clan DNA Research Project

Family Tree DNA

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/murray/default.aspx
per page

Find a board about a specific topic