Search for content in message boards

King family in Avery and Mitchell and Yancey counties

King family in Avery and Mitchell and Yancey counties

Wanda Houston Buchanan (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2004 1:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Need the maiden names of Lorenzo, William and Samuel King in 1850 Yancey county, N.C census. I am in the process of getting maiden names of wife's in all families in the 1850 Yancey County census. Any help is appreciated.

Re: King family in Avery and Mitchell and Yancey counties

Posted: 17 Jan 2007 8:28PM GMT
Surnames: King
I have alot of information on the King family, please feel
free to send me a message of what you are looking for & maybe I can Help.

Posted: 17 Jan 2007 8:28PM GMT
Surnames: King
I have alot of information on the King family, please feel
free to send me a message of what you are looking for & maybe I can Help.

Posted: 25 May 2007 5:40PM GMT
Surnames: King, Blackburn and Orange
Looking for info on Augusta King who married Silas Blackburn. I need the names of her children. I also need info on her father and the names of her brothers and sisters. I think her mother was Martha Orange. I would like info about Martha as well.

Posted: 13 Aug 2008 12:37PM GMT
Surnames: King, Orren

My great grandmother was Martha Orren King. She was born in Tennessee and moved to North Carolina in early 1870s. E-mail me at nancyjaynes@hotmail.com and I will try to give you any information I have on her.

Posted: 14 Sep 2009 4:32PM GMT
The Martha "Orange" you are looking for was Martha Ann Elizabeth Orren, daughter of Peter Washington Orren and Nancy Hicks from Washington County TN. The King family was listed in the 1850 census in Washington County I believe within one or two houses of the Orren family. The King family was living in Washington County in at least the 1840s and 1850s and I believe even earlier than that, but Albert King was there. He and Martha were married in Hamblen County.

Posted: 14 Sep 2009 4:32PM GMT
The Martha "Orange" you are looking for was Martha Ann Elizabeth Orren, daughter of Peter Washington Orren and Nancy Hicks from Washington County TN. The King family was listed in the 1850 census in Washington County I believe within one or two houses of the Orren family. The King family was living in Washington County in at least the 1840s and 1850s and I believe even earlier than that, but Albert King was there. He and Martha were married in Hamblen County.

Posted: 8 Apr 2012 10:33PM GMT
Surnames: King, Jones, Hughes, Pritchard
Hi, My great-great grandmother, Louisa Pritchard Jones King was married to Lorenzo. It was the second marriage for both. Some of their children were John, Enlow and Hattie. My great-grandmother was Alice Jones Hughes King, daughter of Louisa & first husband, William "Riley" Jones. Alice's 2nd husband was Sam King (her stepbrother, I believe). I don't know when/where Louisa died and who her parents were. I would appreciate any info. you may have on her. Thanks, Rhonda

Posted: 9 Apr 2012 3:21AM GMT
I am sorry Rhonda, I don't have any infomation on her...Are you on Face Book? If so look me up Jonnie Higgins Forrest. There is a yancey County Geneology group on Face Book, & someone on there may be able to help...I have been able to get alot of help there.Good Luck

Posted: 9 Apr 2012 3:06PM GMT
Thanks, I'll try that. Rhonda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions