Search for content in message boards

Tekamah Cemetery

Tekamah Cemetery

Posted: 26 Aug 2010 11:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Loftis, McConnaha
Does anyone know where I can get a plot map for Tekamah Cemetery? My Loftis and McConnaha ancestors are buried there, but the cemetery is huge. I'm not sure how to find out which part of the cemetery they are in. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: Tekamah Cemetery

Posted: 3 May 2012 3:01AM GMT
I have recently heard that there is a new cemetery map and I am trying to get a copy. I have numerous ancestors posted there on Find A Grave. Send me your email and I will let you know if/when I find it.

There is an alphabetical listing posted at the front but it is somewhat outdated. I don't live anywhere near there so I can't help other than trying to locate a current map.

Boyd Lydick
boydlydick@frontiernet.net

Posted: 3 May 2012 3:06AM GMT
I just saw a website that has both of your surnames listed at Tekamah. http://nebraskagravestones.org/cemetery.php?cemID=403

Boyd Lydick

Posted: 3 May 2012 3:13AM GMT
Thanks, Boyd! Since my original post, I found the cemetery directory (it's a bit before the cemetery entrance) and found all my relatives that are there. Now, if only I could find my other relatives in the other cemeteries! Ah well, that will be for another trip.

Posted: 3 May 2012 4:03AM GMT
Do these families that you mention have early roots in the Tekamah area? I was born and raised in Arizona Twp, about 6 miles north and still have quite a few family living in the area and in Tekamah itself. My great grandfather Hiram Lydick and his brother, Jonathan, were among the very early settlers there.

Boyd

Posted: 27 May 2012 9:00PM GMT
It depends on how early you consider "early" to be. ;-) The Albert Randall family came to Bell Creek by 1880; the Alexander Loftis family came to Logan before 1900. So, not directly in Tekamah, but in the same county.

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 1:55AM GMT
I know I am kind of late on this, but I may be taking a trip to the Tekamah cemetery this weekend (Sunday, August 26). If by chance you are looking for anyone in this cemetery and would like a picture of a headstone, please email me personally at the address below by Saturday, August 25 and let me know who you are looking for.

Please put TEKAMAH CEMETERY in the subject line so that I do not accidently delete it. I will try to find as many as I can in the time I am there. If there are names there and maps, your chances are pretty good that I will find it if the elements are all there, the name is on the list, and there is a headstone.

If I happen to get a late request, I may make the trip another time. Be patient.

Thank you very much.

Leah
scrapbooker1158@aol.com

Posted: 9 May 2013 11:19AM GMT
Surnames: CORNISH
I also am searching the cemetery for EBENEZER CORNISH. Have photo of tomstone, but want to get verification. Phone no. would be appreciated.

Posted: 9 May 2013 3:25PM GMT
See FIND A GRAVE and you will find all the burials for that cemetery. Ebenezer is there. There is a tombstone photo and other information.

Posted: 9 May 2013 10:02PM GMT
I tried as you suggested, but no luck. Any tips you can share would be appreciated. Maybe it was removed?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions