Search for content in message boards

McMORRAN'S FROM COMBER.

McMORRAN'S FROM COMBER.

Lorraine (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2006 9:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello there,

Can anyone give me information on a Samuel Frederick McMorran all that i know is that he came from Comber Co,Down.

Re: McMORRAN'S FROM COMBER.

Hugh Macartney (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2006 9:50PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2006 2:34AM GMT
Surnames: McMorran
Only the Tithe Aplotments for Ballystockard, Comber lists Samuel and Matthew McMorran. No middle name included. For the rest of the Comber McMorrans go to the surname indexes of <caora.net> and:
<freegages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rosdavies>
For Griffith's Valuations of Comber 1863-4 go to:
<failteromhat.com/griffiths/down/comber>
Comber Graveyard has 3 McMorran gravestones
McMORRAN
Erected to the mem. of the late Samuel McMorran, Ballystockart A.D. 1838
McMORRAN
Erect. in mem. of Mary Jane McMorran who d. Nov.7 1845 aged 18. Also John McMorran who d. June 7 1851 aged 26. Also Samuel McMorran who d. July 16 1886 aged 24.
McMORRAN
Erect. to the mem. of Margaret McMorran, Mt. Pottinger (Belfast) who d. Nov.21 1886 aged 70.
(She lived at Gooseberry Corner, Ballymacarrett, was a spinster and left effects under 450 pounds. Any present day McMorrans around Comber might be found threough <bt.com>

Lorraine (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2006 12:52AM GMT
Thankyou Hugh again you have given me alot of information to go on.Can i ask if the graveyard that you speak about in Comber with the McMorran,s is this grave yard in Comber St Marys church of Ireland grave yard.
Thankyou so much if we had not people like you Hugh trying to trace our family tree would be very hard and for some one to give up there free time to help others is so nice.

Hugh Macartney (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2006 1:50AM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2006 2:35AM GMT
Surnames: McMorran
Yes, it is the Comber Parish (Church of Ireland) Church but before Presbyterian churches and graveyards came into existence Presbyterians were buried in parish graveyards. There is a McMorran gravestone in Ballygowan Prewsbyterian graveyard but the people were from Magherascouse.
Nancy McMorran alias Kerr, married to Thomas McMorran. He d. Feb.3 1862 aged 52. Nancy McMorran Kerr d. Feb.1881. Samuel, son of Samuel and Ahnes Presho d. 1905 aged 5.

Lorraine (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2006 3:28PM GMT
Hello Hugh,

What can i say in the message that you sent to me , This has opened alot of doors for me as i did not know that before Presby church graveyards came into existence people were burried in the Church of Ireland.

Thankyou Hugh.

Re: presbyterian graveyards

[Dorothy] Sandra Claney Tye (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2006 3:12AM GMT
Surnames: Claney, Boal
I want to thank you also, Hugh McCartney; I saw your message from yesterday and now I understand why there are Presbyterian Claneys in Bangor Abbey graveyard ! You have helped me a great deal, and others as well, I know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions