Hi Bruce, I just found more info about ISAAC BESSETTE (son of Joseph & AngÃ©lique Laporte dit Saint-Georges) and CLOTHILDE FOISY (daughter of Claude & Ursule Barsalou) who married on SEPTEMBER 27, 1831, in ST-MATHIAS, Qc, Cda.
ISAAC BESSETTE (father of Blessed Brother AndrÃ©) was born on February 13, baptized on February 14, 1807, in MARIEVILLE (Ste-Marie de Monnoir), Qc, Cda. He died on February 20, buried on February 22, 1855, in Farnham, Qc, Cda.
CLOTHILDE was born, baptized in 1814, in CHAMBLY. Qc, Cda. She died on November 20, buried on November 22, 1857, in FARNHAM, Qc, Cda.
ISAAC (father) married Clothilde Foisy (born in 1814, baptized in CHAMBLY, Qc, Cda) on September 27, 1831, in ST-MATHIAS. He was 24 years old and his spouse was 17. CLOTHILDE's father was miller in CHAMBLY, Qc, Cda.
Clothilde's parents had 8 children: EmÃ©lie Foisy, Sophie, Ursule, FranÃ§ois, Josephte, CLOTHILDE, Noel and Rosalie Foisy.
ISAAC BESSETTE and CLOTHILDE FOISY had the following children:
1. CLOTHILDE-JOSEPHTE Born on July 14 Baptized (?)
on July 15, 1833, in Marieville, Qc, Cda. She died in 1836 (3 years of age), in Marieville (?).
2. LÃ‰OCADIE Born on May 12 Baptized 13 (?), 1835, in Marieville, too.
3. ISAIE (Isaac) Born on MARCH 20, 1837 Baptized (?), in Marieville (?).
4. LÃ‰ON Born (?) Baptized (?) 1838/1839 (?), in
ST-GRÃ‰GOIRE (or Mont-St-GrÃ©goire), Qc, Cda.
5. JOSEPH Born (?) Baptized (?) 1840 (?), in
St-GrÃ©goire, Qc, Cda.
6. CLAUDE Born (?) Baptized (?) 1841 (?), in St-GrÃ©goire. He was about 4 years of age when Alfred was born in 1845.
7. MARIE ROSALIE Born on October 5, Baptized on October 6 (?), 1843, in St-GrÃ©goire.
8. ALFRED (Brother AndrÃ©) BORN on AUGUST 9, BAPTIZED on AUGUST 10, 1845, in ST-GRÃ‰GOIRE, Qc, Cda. His father was carpenter.
9. MARIE ALPHONSINE Born on June 12, 1847, in St-GrÃ©goire.
10. MARIE JOSÃ‰PHINE Born on May 3rd, 1849, in ST-GRÃ‰GOIRE.
11. MARIE CLOTHILDE Born on March 3, 1852 Baptized (?) on March 3/4 (?), 1852, in FARNHAM, Qc, Cda
She died on November 11, buried on November 12 or 13, 1852, in Farnham.
12. ELISA Born January 30, 1854, in Farnham, Qc, Cda. She died on October 18, 1863, buried on October 19/20 (?), 1863, in Farnham, Qc, Cda.
ISAAC BESSETTE and CLOTHILDE (his wife) moved in 1849 (autumn) with all their children in FARNHAM.
ISAAC'S father (Clothilde's husband), JOSEPH, married on August 8, 1803, in ST-Mathias, Qc, Cda, with ANGÃ‰LIQUE LAPORTE dit SAINT-GEORGES. He was 24 years old and his spouse, 22. JOSEPH (Isaac's father) was born on MARCH 1st, 1779, baptized on March 2 (?), 1779, in ST-MATHIAS, Qc, Cda. He (Joseph) died on November 1st, buried on November 2 (?), in 1851, in ST-GRÃ‰GOIRE, Qc, Cda. In 1845, he had 7 children alive out of 14 children.
ANGÃ‰LIQUE ST-GEORGES (Isaac's mother) died in 1845 or 1844. JOSEPH (his father) married a third time on September 28, 1846, in Marieville, Qc, Cda, with MARGUERITE FRÃ‰CHET (widow of Etienne Davignon).
JOSEPH (EUSÃˆBE) ( the eldest son) of JOSEPH BESSETTE (blacksmith) & ANGÃ‰LIQUE ST-GEORGES, was born on June 16, baptized on June 16/17 (?), 1804, in MARIEVILLE, Qc, Cda. Joseph & AngÃ©lique had 13 children.
The 13 CHILDREN of JOSEPH Bessette and ANGÃ‰LIQUE St-Georges are the following:
l. JOSEPH (EusÃ¨be) (1804) Baptized in MARIEVILLE
2. EDOUARD (1805) (?) Baptized in MARIEVILLE.
3. ISAAC Born on February 13, baptized on February 14, 1807, in MARIEVILLE (Ste-Marie de Monnoir), Qc, Cda
4. MARIE ELÃ‰ONORE Born in 1808 (?) She died on August 23, 1811, in St-Mathias (?), Qc. Cda
5. NOEL-MATHIAS Born on December 24 Baptized on December 25, 1809, in ST-MATHIAS, Qc, Cda.
6. ABRAHAM Born on June 23, 1811, in ST-MATHIAS. He died in 1853. He was single (?). He was teacher in ST-ALEXANDRE, Qc, Cda.
7. OSITHE Born in 1813 (?)
8. BASILE Born in 1814 (?)
9. BÃ‰LONI (BÃ‰NONI) Born in 1815 or 1816 (?)
10. FRANÃ‡OIS-XAVIER Born in 1817 (?). He was teacher in Farnham, Qc, Cda. He married Marie SalomÃ© Drouillet in 1853, in Farnham, Qc, Cda.
11. CLOVIS Born in 1818 (?). He died in 1819 (1 year).
12. ANASTASIE Born in 1819 (?).
13. CLOVIS # 2 Born in 1820. He was the first american of his family. He married Marie Many (of Manchester, New Hampshire, USA) in FARNHAM, Qc, Cda.
All that information is from a book written by Etienne Catta (1964) about BROTHER ANDRÃ‰.
If you need add. info, don't hesitate, e-mail email@example.com