Search for content in message boards

Seeking descendants of Edmund Waddell

Seeking descendants of Edmund Waddell

Posted: 31 Dec 2004 2:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am seeking my Waddell cousins - those descended from:

Edmund Waddell, b c1748 VA, m Lucy Birdsong
--Thomas, b c1770, m Eleanor Montgomery (& Widow Turner & Lucy Smith)
--William, b 1775, m Winfred Alston
--Matthew, b 1783, m Betsy Marshall
--John Birdsong, b c1784, m Rebecca Tomlinson
--Edmund, b 1790, m ? Armistead

I would like to share informationt.

Terry

Re: Seeking descendants of Edmund Waddell

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 5:22PM GMT
I'm decended from Lucy and Edmund via daughter Lucy Birdsong who married Robert Rarsh via daughter Lydia who married Wiley Roberts via son Rober Marsh Roberts son James Roberts via son James B Roberts.

I'm trying to ident the parents of John Birdsongs wife Mary Armistead. I've run into road blocks on the lineages that are on the web. dates ages and wills contradict the published parantage.

Any info???

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 5:24PM GMT
I'm decended from Lucy and Edmund via daughter Lucy Birdsong who married Robert Marsh via daughter Lydia who married Wiley Roberts via son Robert Marsh Roberts son James Roberts via son James B Roberts.

I'm trying to ident the parents of John Birdsong"s wife Mary Armistead. I've run into road blocks on the lineages that are on the web. dates ages and wills contradict the published parantage.

Any info???

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 11:08PM GMT
If you found a will, leaving property to Mary Birdsong from a Mr Armistead, that would seem pretty solid - but I assume the wills you found weren't so helpful. I agree that online genealogies are useful only as a starting point to search.

I only pursued this a little bit - probably 12-15 years ago. I found in my notes for Mary Armistead that I had found land abstracts on Anthony, William & John Armistead of Elizabeth City Co VA

Unfortunately, I don't know where those abstracts are and I assume they didn't give a connection to Mary - but those names could be a lead.

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 12:18AM GMT
No help. There are many Mary Armistead's in the Elizabeth City, Va. Some name Westwood Armistead as the father but the mother Mary Tabb's birth date is listed as 1734. I can't say what the proplem is but I've seen many reports that Westwood did mary a Tabb. Robert Armistead also had a mary Armistead but I've looked at wills that mention a son-in-law of Joseph Selden and the gen of the Selden family name his wife as Mary Armistead daughter of Robert and Ann.

I'm certain that this is the Armistead family but I can't find the connection.

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 1:17AM GMT
Ok. Thanks for letting me know.

Different subject - I administer the Waddell DNA Surname project. If you ever run across a male paternal line (Waddell surname) descendant of Edmund, I'd really like to test him and find out how our Waddell family connects to the other Waddell families. (we have over 70 Waddell project members - but none from our family)

www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/waddell/results

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 3:21AM GMT
I'll keep that in mind. I don't know anyone. Edmund would have been my 4th great grandfather and I'm descended from his daughter. There are lots of Waddell's around. Don't know the families but ill start asking. I'm in nc. Email jbroberts@carolina.rr.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic